Specific Price Drop Question

NewCruisr

OK...I believe I understand the process involved in searching for a price drop.

My question involves checking for a price drop when no other rooms are available that match my reservation "exactly".

While there are OceanView Staterooms available on the same deck as my reservation, none of the available rooms has the Pullman beds available which I will need.

Because I can't find an exact match, is it even worth my time to search for a price drop?

Thanks in advance

I have never seen them distinguish between sleeps 2, 3 or 4 cabins when looking at price drops. I would think that as long as they are the same numerical category you should be able to ask for the lower price.

Actually, there is a price differential in D1 or D2 or E1 or E2, because the difference is the number of people that can be accomodated. You have to find the price drop in the exact category that you have. I have already gotten two price drops on my next cruise. I am doing a B2B, and on my first week, the price has gone up $50/person and $100 for the 3rd person. Glad they don't charge price increases. The second week has had two drops, to total $150/person.

We will be staying in an Category I Oceanview room.

There are only a limited number of those that will sleep 3 or 4 persons and none of them are currently available for the same cruise. Because of this, it makes it almost impossible for me to figure out whether the price has dropped or not unless I look solely at the Guest 1 and Guest 2 fares and compare those.

I guess that if I can't an absolute answer here I can just take a shot at it.

The worst they can say is "no" right? :)

We will be staying in an Category I Oceanview room.

There are only a limited number of those that will sleep 3 or 4 persons and none of them are currently available for the same cruise. Because of this, it makes it almost impossible for me to figure out whether the price has dropped or not unless I look solely at the Guest 1 and Guest 2 fares and compare those.

I guess that if I can't an absolute answer here I can just take a shot at it.

The worst they can say is "no" right? :)

If there is a price drop in category "I" then you get the drop . It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of people in the room just the person rate (1st two people) for the identical category. You get the price drop if the price is not a promotion for new bookings only and make sure when you are checking that you "check" the boxes for 55, if applicable and put in the state you live in for possible residency discounts.

If there is a price drop in category "I" then you get the drop . It has absolutely nothing to do with the number of people in the room just the person rate (1st two people) for the identical category. You get the price drop if the price is not a promotion for new bookings only and make sure when you are checking that you "check" the boxes for 55, if applicable and put in the state you live in for possible residency discounts.

I apologize if this has been answered on the boards... I did just try to search... but am not having much luck. If you have booked through a TA, do you call them or do you call the cruiseline re: a price drop? I am assuming that you need to call your TA, but I want to make sure. Also, is this only for price drops before final payment or up until you cruise? How often should you check for possible price drops?

I have cruised 3 times prior and have never looked for price drops (but I have more time on my hands these days).

Thanks in advance.

I apologize if this has been answered on the boards... I did just try to search... but am not having much luck. If you have booked through a TA, do you call them or do you call the cruiseline re: a price drop? I am assuming that you need to call your TA, but I want to make sure. Also, is this only for price drops before final payment or up until you cruise? How often should you check for possible price drops?

I have cruised 3 times prior and have never looked for price drops (but I have more time on my hands these days).

Thanks in advance.

RCL is one of the few lines that will apply drops even after final payments. If you find one since you booked through a TA, then they are the ones that would have to call RCCL in order to get it, if they are willing. Not all TA's will give price drops. If you are unsure how to find price drops what you need to do is go to RCCL.com and "pretend" book the same cruise, date, category etc and see what the per person rate is. If yours is higher then call ASAP because sometimes the prices could change again within a couple of hours or days.

Actually, the 3rd and 4th passenger situation can make a difference in some cases.

For example, if the cabin was originally priced at some fare code that gave a special discount to the 3rd and 4th passengers -- maybe a special $99 rate or something similar.

The reduced rate that you see might be based on a different fare code that does not have the special for the third and fourth passengers and to get the savings on the first two passengers you'd have to give up the discount on the 3rd and 4th.

It doesn't happen often but it does happen.

Archived