Which cruise line for kids ages 12 & 10?

lisareneeo

Am looking for a cruise for my family for this summer. Am thinking of either RC Mariner (7 nights) or RC Enchantment (5 nights)

Just got off my first cruise on Navigator (same class as Mariner)

My confusion... I think I should go with Mariner because it is almost the same exact ship as Navigator(which I loved), but it is a 7 day cruise and I really want a 5 (maybe 6 night cruise)

What other cruise line should I consider that would have a great ship for my kids ages 12 & 10 and would have a 5 night itinerary. Am flexible to cruise out of any east coast port. Any suggestions or should I stick with Royal Caribbean.

We did do the 4 night Disney Cruise last Oct and really enjoyed it but just want something different (not as pricey) and a 5 nighter.

Help!

Thanks

Lisa

Well, if it were me and I had a choice, I'd go for the 21 day itinerary... ha ha ha Seriously, though, if the number of days is the most important thing for you, I think you've made your choice. Have you considered another line? From reading the posts here, all the parents seem to have been very happy with the kid's activities on a variety of different lines. I don't think there are many anymore that don't cater to families.

I always say there's no such thing as a bad cruise. My suggestion is to have a look at what's offered out of the port you want, at the time you want, for the number of days you want, going to ports you're interested in. Compare prices and amenities and discuss it with your spouse and your children. I really think you'll enjoy any cruise that you get to experience with your family. :)

We took our 10 y.o. DD on an Enchantment 5 nighter. We all loved it! It was great because the ship has many amenities but isn't huge. I felt comfortable allowing her to go with a friend back to the cabin for small errands such as to change or get something.

The Adventure Ocean staff for this age was great. They engaged them in fun activities without making them feel like they were being babysat.

I would, however, suggest one of the Ench 5-nighters that does NOT include Jamaica. We went to Key West, Cozumel, and CoCo Cay. It was great! I wouldn't take a child to Jamaica, though.

I say stick with Royal Caribbean!

Archived