Beach Help for a family with a 2 and 5 year old.

Perpetua

We are looking for some suggestions for nice, cleaner beaches to visit during our cruise on the Norwegian Star in January. We are stopping in Acapulco, Puerto Vallarta, Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, and Cabo San Lucas. We are from land locked Montana and hoping to let our kids play in the sand and waves. We are willing to pay money for day passes.

What are your favorite beach spots for the younger crowd? Transportation ideas would be very helpful, too!

Thanks!

The only beach safe for swimming in Cabo is Medano Beach. It would be about a $10 cab ride from right where you get off the ships tenders. Have them take you to the Mango Deck which is one of the restaurant/bars that line Medano beach. There you will find a row of restaurants that will let you use their lounge chairs for the day as long as you are eating and drinking. You could also take a water taxi from the pier but you will have to get off and then back on the boat in knee to waist deep water- not sure if that would be ok for your kids. At water taxi is $3/pp each way and much more scenic. Both would only be about a 10 minute trip. Have fun! Cabo is our favorite spot in Mexico. We go for at least 10 days 1-2 times per year!:)

The only beach safe for swimming in Cabo is Medano Beach. It would be about a $10 cab ride from right where you get off the ships tenders. Have them take you to the Mango Deck which is one of the restaurant/bars that line Medano beach. There you will find a row of restaurants that will let you use their lounge chairs for the day as long as you are eating and drinking. You could also take a water taxi from the pier but you will have to get off and then back on the boat in knee to waist deep water- not sure if that would be ok for your kids. At water taxi is $3/pp each way and much more scenic. Both would only be about a 10 minute trip. Have fun! Cabo is our favorite spot in Mexico. We go for at least 10 days 1-2 times per year!:)

Thanks...we have been to Cabo (before kids) and we have been to Medano beach. However, it seemed (and was for us...again before kids :) ) like party-ville. I was really hoping for something more serene with fewer body shots and wet t-shirt contests (perhaps I am only remembering the crazy times). I do remember that somehow we risked our lives hiking over rock formations and through a gorgeous resort beach to get to lover's beach. Did I dream this? We came around the backside. Would lover's beach be a nice place for the kids...I just don't remember. Via water taxi...not crazy rock jumping hiking.

Lovers Beach can be ok for swimming but it is very small and if there are alot of boats and water taxis the waves can be really rough. You would also have to jump out and back in the water taxi in potenially rough waves which might not be the safest for kids.

There are alot of spots on Medano Beach that are quieter and more suited for families. In my opinion the ME is not one of them. It caters to the young, rich and beautiful crowd - think Paris Hilton, Tara Reid has alot of rowdy drinking games around the pool and the worse for me, plays really loud techno music all day and night. Maybe actually on the beach instead of around the pool area would be better. The Sand Bar is a great quieter spot as is Tabascos.

• 9 months later...

Archived