Huge Getting to the NYC Port Problem

vesw01

I am flying into LGA (from Chicago) with my kids (11 and 2) on 9/25 for the cruise on the Victory leaving that afternoon. I had someone lined up (my aunt) to pick us up from the airport and also pick up my grandmother in the NY suburbs and then take us to the pier. She just informed me that she won't be able to do it any longer (2 1/2 wks from our cruise).

I am trying to figure out a way to get me and the kids to the pier and my 84 yr old grandmother. I have looked into some limo services but they are around $170-$270 - and that would eat our spending money.

Any suggestions? I am worried that if I call her a cab that they won't show up or that she gets there before us etc. <sigh> I thought I was home free at this point.

Any thoughts on renting a car and leaving it at the pier (anyone know how much parking would be?)

Here is a link for the nyc pier information [url="http://www.nypst.com/"][color=#800080]New York City Passenger Ship Terminal[/color][/url]

this might help you with the parking questions. Good luck. Have a great cruise.

Elly

You could rent a car at the airport. They have other locations you can turn it in. You could pick up your relative, then drop off luggage and maybe passengers at the pier, then go turn in the car and get a cab back to the pier. Hopefully you can find a car company with an agency close by the port.

We are doing this in New Orleans for our 9/26 cruise but it is at the end of the cruise. We're getting a car for about $50 at the Hertz desk inside the Hilton Riverside, doing a little sightseeing, then turning it in at the airport drop off when we're done. The Hilton is only about a block from where we debark so I can hoof it. It costs about $30 to take a cab from the NOLA cruise pier to the airport.

Suzy

Archived