Obstructed view cabins

sleepy99

Hi,

I have booked cabins 7554 and 7556 on the Pride of America for next year. This is the lowest priced category (cat G) of connecting cabins on this ship. Does anyone know just how obstructed these cabins are? Can you see over the life boats? Are the windows floor to ceiling or regular windows? Also are there coffee makers in these cabins, I thought I read that they were being removed. Thanks!

Hi,

The obstructed view cabin we stayed in had a coffee maker and the windows were floor to ceiling. I was pleasantly surprised by how much we could actually see over the lifeboats; I'd expected more obstruction. I really loved our cheery little cabin. Hope you have a great trip in yours.

PoAM-RoomBeds_2.jpg.b1980b6d3ef232389b967e34efb2a873.jpg

PoAM-RoomCouch_2.jpg.189fd00e3feb5967bcacbacd56112d38.jpg

PoAM-RoomBar_2.jpg.4a165a6890d2398da1a88382db51f3da.jpg

We were in cabin 7586, smack behind one of the lifeboats. Cabins 7554/56 are behind one of the smaller speedboats and 7558 should have an even clearer view, probably just of the walkway. I loved being on deck 7 as it's midship so everything was easily accessible. And it definitely rocks less during turbulent waters.

Did you enjoy this cruise?

I did enjoy the cruise as a great sampler of the different islands. I also liked the two big shows, the comedian and the piano players (Jeffrey Allen).

What was your favorite thing to do on the islands?

On Big Island we went to VNP and Rainbow Falls (with Roberts Hawaii) and in Maui we took the bus to Lahaina the first day and one of the south beaches the second day. If doing it again, I would definitely allow for more doing nothing time. We always seemed to be in a hurry to go somewhere or do something.

We were in cabin 7586' date=' smack behind one of the lifeboats. Cabins 7554/56 are behind one of the smaller speedboats and 7558 should have an even clearer view, probably just of the walkway. I loved being on deck 7 as it's midship so everything was easily accessible. And it definitely rocks less during turbulent waters.

Did you enjoy this cruise?

I did enjoy the cruise as a great sampler of the different islands. I also liked the two big shows, the comedian and the piano players (Jeffrey Allen).

What was your favorite thing to do on the islands?

On Big Island we went to VNP and Rainbow Falls (with Roberts Hawaii) and in Maui we took the bus to Lahaina the first day and one of the south beaches the second day. If doing it again, I would definitely allow for more doing nothing time. We always seemed to be in a hurry to go somewhere or do something.[/quote']

Sounds like I could have made a good choice with 7558, would it have the floor to ceiling windows as well?

This is our second time on the Pride of America and we were on the go all the time on the first cruise so planning on taking it a little easier this time. Try and fit in a bit more beach time rather than driving everywhere.

thanks for your help

Archived