Excursion Help

LakerMom

This is my first time to cruise and we have selected the Holiday cruise ship. Everyone has an opinion and says book your excursion thru Carnival and others say book on your own thru an independent. I have been reviewing several different excursion sites and am so overwhelmed. Our ship stops are Cozumel and Calica. Can anyone recommend a good company to use to book our excursions if we don't go thru Carnival?

Also, we were thinking about doing the dune buggy excursion one day and on the other day going to one of the beach resorts. Any information on these would be a great help.

We went to Coz last march and did our own excursion. We rented a car and explored the island. To be honest we spent most of the day on the wild side. it was just too cool back there. Coz is real easy to get around. Look at some maps, you can't hardly get lost. we used Avis and they had an agent right at the pier. The rental and all insurance was less than $60.00. GET THE INSURANCE though JUST IN CASE. Do not depend on the insurance included with most credit cards. If we were to go to Coz again we'd do it the same way in a heartbeat. We did Jamaica, Cayman & Coz on our cruise and Coz on our own was definately our funnest port.

You don't need an excursion in Cozumel if you want to go to the beach. Just get a cab. You can do shopping right at the port or in town. It's a very friendly, safe island. Check the ports of call board, lots of good info there.

Hi Laker Mom:

Welcome to cruising. DH (dear husband) and I are taking our first ever cruise on the Carnival Holiday this Thurs, 12/13/2007, going to Cozumel.

I have booked us on Island Marketing, Inc. for the Mayan Ruins/snorkeling. Check the "Cozumel" link for suggestions. DH and I are history buffs. We plan to see the Tulum Ruins (Mayan Ruins). We are paying a bit more for a private tour, but we will be doing two things in the short Cozumel Stay, The runis and snorkeling (conditions permiting) as oppose to the cruise line's ruins-only visit.

I have read on other postings, that Island Marketing is a good company (or I wouldn't have ventured with them) but from what I have come to learn, Cozumel Insider is a local company. In hindsight, I might have gone with Cozumel Insider had I understood that.

From what I have read, there is jelly fish in the area of the mainland right now Nov/Dec, so snorkeling might be out, due to the summer storms.

You didn't mention what you are intersted in doing in Cozumel.

Hope my posting helps. You might want to mention your cruise line, ship name, dates, and what you are interested in, party number, in future posts.

I'll try to post about my experience with Island Marketing, when we get back 12/17/2007.

Happy sailing,

I have booked us on Island Marketing' date=' Inc. for the Mayan Ruins/snorkeling. Check the "Cozumel" link for suggestions. DH and I are history buffs. We plan to see the Tulum Ruins (Mayan Ruins). We are paying a bit more for a private tour, but we will be doing two things in the short Cozumel Stay, The runis and snorkeling (conditions permiting) as oppose to the cruise line's ruins-only visit.[/quote']

Tulum is a 30-45 minute ferry ride plus a bus/van ride to tulum another 30 - 45

If you are not going with carnival I suggest you take your passport with you because if something happens and you are late the ship it will not wait for you.

Archived