Crib/Cot for toddler: Grand princess

Mercury

Our daughter will be 20 months old when we take her on her first cruise next July. I just wanted to know if anyone has a photo of the cribs that Princess provides and very importantly - are they in good and CLEAN condition? Is it best to request one before the cruise or can the cabin attendant easily supply one? Thanks so much!

We just got off the Grand, with our 2 1/2 year old. We did request a crib, but it wasn't in the room when we got there, so if you are requesting one, suggest you follow-up a few days before and then with the room steward immediately when you board.

I'm sorry I can't give you any information on the crib itself as we actually ended up bringing our own PNP. Our little guy is a big boy for his age and he slept like a champ in the PNP. I think it helped that it was familiar territory for him. Some days he was actually begging to go in so he could lay back and relax.

A few months back I called Princess and asked about the crib that they supply. They were able to give me the manufacturer (Carom?) and the measurements. When I called the manufacturer, they told me that they hadn't made cribs like that in 20 years. Which is why we brought our own!

Maybe someone else will have some experience with the cribs on the ship...sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Happy cruising! You will love the Grand. And the kids pool is amazing!:)

I can only tell you what I saw in peoples room as I didn't bring my son last year. :( I saw both PNPs and square portacribs. I didn't see anything that looked dirty but parents could have cleaned it themselves.

For my 26 month old I'm bring bed bars and having him sleep in a sofa bed. He sleeps in a crib at home but he doesn't do well in PNPs.

Archived