Just back from CB

lawyerrose

Bill,

I may be wrong, but my perception was that the Crown didn't carry so many people for its size. I've already tried the CB and Golden, so would want to cruise on one of the ships I haven't been on.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. The Crown and the Caribbean are pretty much identical ships. It shows that the Crown holds 20 less people.

The Crown does have Vines, The Sanctuary, the Crown Grill. and the International Cafe.

The Caribbean Princess will have those features added in drydock in March 2008.

The Golden holds about 500 less people as it doesn't have a Riviera deck.

I don't blame you for wanting a different ship. I really don't like taking the same ship twice but I do under certain circumstances.

Whatever ship you choose next I hope you have a memorable cruise.:)

Bill

Was on CB with seven other friends and family 12/2 through 12/9. My second Princess cruise, first being on the Golden.

Things I liked: Our cabin steward, Kraisorn, who serviced our three connecting balcony cabins on Caribe deck was wonderful. Also had a great waiter in the dining room. We chose early seating, traditional dining.

Food was 95% good. Better than I remember the Golden's being.

Caribe balconies (especially with the connecting doors opened) were WONDERFUL!!

Colors in cabins, blues and beiges with "wood" moldings, stair rails. Very soothing.

Good massages from spa. They ran some good specials.

Morning room service got everything right and were on time.

Bungalow on Princess Cays was even better than I'd hoped!! Would definitely do that again! I liked that they are situated apart from the crowds and the service was good.

Their snorkeling on a sailing catamaran in St. Thomas was well done and lots of fun.

Things that weren't as good:

General service attitude was that passengers should do things on Princess' schedule and Princess' way. Service and attitude was much better on the Golden back in 2002.

Spa staff were rude and obnoxious. We (and other passengers) were given misinformation about when spa facilities were open/available, and when we let them know we were told the wrong thing, their attitude was that they couldn't have cared less. Fortunately, the people who performed the various treatments were very good.

MUTS never had anything worth watching at night. I was really looking forward to MUTS but two nights they had football and another night it was some kind of concert. Ah, well, maybe next time.

CB felt much more crowded than Golden or any other ship I've been on in the last few years. The Horizon Court was AWFUL!! I thought other people were exaggerating when they complained about it because I didn't remember Golden's lido restaurant being all that bad. But the Horizon Court was a clusterf--k!!!! And trying for the Club Caribe, like many suggested, wasn't much better. Just way too crowded and traffic pattern set up poorly. It was hell to find a table there, especially for several people at a time.

But, regardless, had a wonderful time on the cruise. Would do Princess again in a heartbeat, but maybe choose the Crown instead. Haven't had the opportunity to cruise with so many members of my family and good friends. That was great.

Rose

We were also on the Caribbean Princess during this cruise. It was our third cruise of 2007; the first was on Celebrity Constellation, and the second on RCCL Mariner of the Seas. Comparing the three; food entertainment and staff, they would rank in that order. The cabin steward and dining staff were good. We enjoyed snorkeling on St Maarten and also enjoyed Princess Cays. We were on St Thomas before and it hasn't improved. I think we'll stick with Celebrity.

We were also on the 12/2 sailing and I will get around to my review one of these days....

They really need to work on their MUTS schedule on the CB! 3 nights with football????? Then the evening movies were not very good either. We also noticed they had good movies showing during port stops when most people get off the ship. :rolleyes:

We were also on Caribe but in the aft and those balconies are just huge.

It was a great cruise and we are all just sad it is over.

We were also on Caribe but in the aft and those balconies are just huge.

We are planning to book our next cruise while on ship. I hope to book a January 2009 sailing of the Ruby Princess. I would like to ask if you wouldn't mind telling me more about the room you were in as I've already told my TA that once I get back, I want one of those aft cabins.

Thanks.

Jeff

What kind of food do they bring? Did you eat in the lunch buffet in Princess Cays?

I'm sure they brought the food from the buffet. Ribs, chicken breasts and thighs, hamburgers, sausages -- hmmm I think I'm forgetting something but can't remember what. Multiple types of salad and slaw, fresh fruits, corn on cob, baked beans, rolls & butter, brownies and all sorts of cookies.

We are planning to book our next cruise while on ship. I hope to book a January 2009 sailing of the Ruby Princess. I would like to ask if you wouldn't mind telling me more about the room you were in as I've already told my TA that once I get back, I want one of those aft cabins.

Thanks.

Jeff

Our room was not true aft but in the aft portion of Caribe. We were in C743 which is the last room on the starboard side. The balcony is a little larger than the normal Caribe balcony with about 2 foot extra of railing and a triangle portion added to the normal Caribe sized balcony. This really did increase the size of the view and we just loved this room. The true aft balconies are even bigger still and there are pictures posted all over this site if you search for the room number you are looking for.

In my answer I was not very clear and was referring to the fact that all Caribe balconies are huge. They look so big compared to the Baja just above them. They also are larger than the Dolphin mini suite balconies just below.

I am so glad I studied this site and booked a Caribe balcony for this last cruise, because they are the best!

I found some of those pictures you were talking about and I'm sold. Since we are talking about a trip that is a full year out, I'm hoping when we return it will be as simple as I make is sound "just find us the cabin and then tell us when we sail" so hopefully that will be the case.

Archived