Marriot stellis concierge tower

jamscckmc

Has any stayed in the main tower with access to the concierge lounge. Was there enough freebies, breakfast, drinks,etc to make it worth the extra $$$? It looks like this building has better views but I don't know if the whole building is concierge access. When I priced it one the Marriot web site it was $299 for these rooms. If I put in for a AAA discount it is $242 but it takes away the concierge lounge under room details. You really are not getting your AAA discount if they take away the amenities for that class of room. If anyone knows what kind of free food and drinks are available in the lounge that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

The San Juan Marriott Stellaris operates a standard Marriott concierge lounge that is open to people who pay for concierge level rooms and anyone who is a Gold Rewards member (50 or more nights per year). The lounge is on the top floor of the tower with a good view over the city and is recently remodeled with a nice, bright Carribean meets classic Marriott style.

They serve a continental breakfast buffet in the morning (an egg dish plus assorted breads, juices, fruit, cereal, etc). At dinner there will be heavy appetizers with sodas and water. Alcoholic beverages are NOT included. If you want to make the heavy appetizers into a meal you can usually find enough variety and quantity to do so.

I get complimentary access to the lounge because I spend about 100 nights per year in Marriott properties for work. To be honest, I would not pay extra for it because the hotel is located right in the middle of Condado. You can have a nice breakfast a few blocks east on Ashford at Danny's for under $10 per person or get coffee and pastries at one of the bakeries or Starbucks across the street from the hotel. You can buy water and sodas across the street at Walgrens.

Archived