Luggage Allowance - Oceana 14 March 2007

cricket50

I have been informed that luggage allowance for our forthcoming cruise is 25 kilos per person. What I would like clarified is if this means 20 kilos for hold luggage and 5 kilos for hand luggage or 25 kilos hold luggage and 5 kilos hand luggage. Any advice would be appreciated.

It will be 25kg for hold luggage.

I believe at the moment you are still limited to one piece of hand luggage but that may change by March.

If there are two of you travelling you hold allowance is 50kg but there is a single case limit of 32kg (maybe a little less) because of the dreaded health and safety.

If in doubt use 2 or 3 cases and be sure to cross-pack so that you can survive if one piece goes astray.

Quite amusing on our last cruise, no fly so we have about 5 cases, but I didn't notice one was missing when we got to the cabin, so I didn't panic.

There was one woman however flying up and down the corridiors, accosting every steward she could find, as a case was not at her cabin. Ours turned up 20 minutes later. Only panic after an hour or so. :)

Archived