freedom eastern ?

obsessedsc

is it possible to ferry to anguilla and st. barths in the time that you are on st. maarten? i want to check them off my list of islands i want to visit!

Well, if I were young again, completely out of my mind (nutty enough), without any responsibilities or cares in the world, and had a lot of extra money to risk, and also had a real drive to fill my passport with stamps from as many countries as I could get to, I would attempt this adventure.

The Freedom is scheduled to call at St. Maarten from 8AM to 6PM, so figure if all goes well, you have from 9AM to 5PM to accomplish this quest. Unless you privately charter a boat or plane for this adventure, I think that you would have to get yourself from the Dutch side of St. Maarten to the French side to Marigot and then take a ferry to Anguilla and then ferry back to Marigot, following with a ferry trip to St. Barts and back to Marigot. Then you would need to take the taxi back to the Dutch side where the Freedom is tied up.

All you would have time to do when on Anguilla and St. Barts is run and have your passport stamped. You must be willing to endure a lot of bumpy ferry trips, and above all run the risk of missing the Freedom when she sails away because she will be at sea for three nights and two days before arriving back to Miami. St. Maarten is her last port of call.

Take your passport, plenty of plastic, and some cash with you on this junket! :D

Bon voyage~~

Leslie

Archived