Christmas on board

larterpc

We were on the Star three years ago at Christmas. No special activities that I can recall during Christmas day or on Christmas Eve.

However, the Christmas dinner was handled as a special affair. Basically, freestyle was put on hold and old style cruise dining was put into place.

Everyone was required to make a reservation for dinner at one of two prescribed times. Your dinner could be in one of the main restaurants or any of the speciality restaurants, but the menu was exactly the same in all restaurants. I don't recall the exact menu, but I seem to recollect traditional holiday food.

Christmas was formal night and many people dressed up. Lots of folks doing family photos in front of the various decorations in the atrium.

It all went fairly smoothly as I recall. Who knows if they still do it this way now. Hope this helps.

I cruised on the Sun over Christmas a few years ago. It was a port day in Costa Maya and the port shopping areas were open and excursions were offered. We made reservations for Bistro that night to make it a special evening, so we dressed up for dinner. The JAR cast did a Christmas show in the Theatre.

I believe there were things like Christmas caroling offered and a few Christmasy activities like that.

We were on the Spirit last Christmas, the ship was beautifully decorated including giant gingerbread houses in the atrium and main dinning rooms. Christmas eve had carolling in the atrium and there was Christmas eve mass. Christmas day, Santa was in the atrium for pictures with anyone and gifts for anyone 12 & under. Christmas day was a formal night approx 50% went all out.

Archived