Godfrey or Trunk Bay?

sd63

I just booked with Godfrey but now I'm wondering about Trunk Bay on my own. We will probably end up in Coki Beach with Godfrey for 2 hours after shopping and seeing the island.

Have never been to either. Would I be better off going to Trunk Bay for the beach or should we do the St. Thomas island tour, shopping and Coki Beach?

I think there are 5 ships in port. Would this factor in a decision for either choice?

My wife does like to shop but also loves the beach.

Please help us make a decision.

Thanks

With five ships in port, the "crowd factor" would definitely be a consideration.

Both Trunk Bay and Coki Beach will be crowded. Actually, since Coki is a smaller beach, it will be packed. :p

Deciding what to do in the limited time you have on St. Thomas can be daunting. But since you already have a tour booked with Godfrey, why not stick with it and take the time to see St. Thomas? It's a beautiful island and you won't be disappointed with what you see. Of the beach choices that Godfrey offers you, I would opt for Sapphire Beach because that will be the least crowded. And, the views are gorgeous!!!

I've been to Coki Beach with 7 other ships in port, I have used Godfrey and he is a wonderful tour guide and Coki beach was no where near crowded....

I also have been to Coki beach by Taxi which was $ 9.00 per person each way from the cruise pier...and in the future will definaltey use Godfrey...

You won't go wrong with Godfrey. We just did his tour last month and LOVED it. I would recommend Saphire though, as I have read far better reviews of Saphire compared to Coki.

Here's a thread I had started before I left, and then there is a review of the tour with pics that I posted after I got back. Hope that helps. if you have specific questions about Saphire or the tour in general, let me know.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=544641

if its your first time to st thomas- do godfrey tour.

The when you get home book another cruise so you can see St Johns.

With Godfrey you will spend 2 hours on the beach anyways. You dont have to shop all that time. He has various pick up times, 9, 10 or 11 so if you only want an hour worth of shops then pick 11.

Archived