RCCL & Those Pullman Beds

sas80

Question - do the pullman beds on RCCL have "railings" (of any type) ? Do they go all the way along the side of the bed?

Would you put your 3 year old in one?

Furthermore....for all those of you with experience... We have friends whom are considering cruising with is. At the time of the cruise, they will have a 13 month old and a 3 year old. Considering a D1 and below, what is the best room (besides family oceanview) for them to get and how would you "sleep" the kids, considering that one has to be in a pack n play.

I'm trying to suggest the room that will be the most comfortable for them, without costing them a lot of money.

I am seeing that a D1 is 188 sq feet (Voyager Ship) and the ocean views are 180 sq feet. Does that 4 sq feet really make a lot of difference?

What do you suggest?

The 8 sq. ft might not make a big difference, but the balcony certainly would! Just having the balcony would make the inside room feel more spacious.

Instead of planning to put the 3 year old in a pullman bed, I would look for a room which had a sofa bed. Many balconies on RCCL have them. There's no worries about the little one falling such a distance or onto Mom or Dad. :p

The 8 sq. ft might not make a big difference, but the balcony certainly would! Just having the balcony would make the inside room feel more spacious.

Instead of planning to put the 3 year old in a pullman bed, I would look for a room which had a sofa bed. Many balconies on RCCL have them. There's no worries about the little one falling such a distance or onto Mom or Dad. :p

Agreed BUT is there room enough for a pack n play and a sofa bed at night?

Here is a possible solution for the pullman and one that I am considering next year.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6780&cmSource=Search

The other is that I sleep in the pullman and DS sleeps with Daddy. I think that is what Cruisinmama has done. I would then use that bed bolster to go on the side of the bed that Daddy isn't.

Here is a possible solution for the pullman and one that I am considering next year.

http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=6780&cmSource=Search

The other is that I sleep in the pullman and DS sleeps with Daddy. I think that is what Cruisinmama has done. I would then use that bed bolster to go on the side of the bed that Daddy isn't.

On this note, what about just rolling up an RCCL bead spread or blanket to lay at the side of the pullman? If we needed it 'bigger' we could just roll one inside of another...

Think that would work?

On this note, what about just rolling up an RCCL bead spread or blanket to lay at the side of the pullman? If we needed it 'bigger' we could just roll one inside of another...

Think that would work?

Yes but this straps down under the mattress. I would never use a rolled up bead spread instead there is no safety rating, my son would have it kicked off in under 30 seconds, and he's 5 feet off the ground.

Archived