Help group question

CorkySue02

So here's the situation: I have a group cruise booked for 2/23/08 for my wedding cruise. Our final payment was due on 12/10 and all 75 of my guests knew that and also knew that if they wanted to cancel they needed to do it by that day or face a charge. So here comes the drama....we have 32 cabins booked and one person decided they weren't going on the cruise so they canceled leaving their roommate high and dry. The roommate still standing has her daughter going with her boyfriend (I know stay with me :p ) So the boyfriend doesn't want to go anymore either and wants to cancel. So the mom and daughter want to room together and now we have an extra balcony cabin. I know Carnival can book it easy but i want to keep it in my group reservation so I can stick with the 32 cabins (we get a credit to our account for every 7 cabins booked) I just don't know if I can fill that cabin....Any suggestions or is it hopless?!?!?

We got a great rate plus 150 on board credit and I hate to lose that:(

So here's the situation: I have a group cruise booked for 2/23/08 for my wedding cruise. Our final payment was due on 12/10 and all 75 of my guests knew that and also knew that if they wanted to cancel they needed to do it by that day or face a charge. So here comes the drama....we have 32 cabins booked and one person decided they weren't going on the cruise so they canceled leaving their roommate high and dry. The roommate still standing has her daughter going with her boyfriend (I know stay with me :p ) So the boyfriend doesn't want to go anymore either and wants to cancel. So the mom and daughter want to room together and now we have an extra balcony cabin. I know Carnival can book it easy but i want to keep it in my group reservation so I can stick with the 32 cabins (we get a credit to our account for every 7 cabins booked) I just don't know if I can fill that cabin....Any suggestions or is it hopless?!?!?

I doubt you'd lose any credits since you have so many cabins booked. If you booked 32 and end up with 31 Carnival will be happy. Of course if you have a great rate you could always sell it your self I guess. They can be in your group booking and not an actual part of your group. Good luck.

If the boyfriend has just decided that he didn't want to go, he is already in the penaly phase and would lose his deposit. I'm assuming that the first person to cancel, did so before the final payment date. I would move the daughter in with the mother, let the boyfriend cancel (and lose his deposit) and then give up the cabin. If you get credit for every 7 cabins booked, it shouldn't make any difference if you have 31 or 32 cabins, since the break points would be 28 or 35 cabins.

Archived