Cruise Bag

kalley79

My family and I will be sailing on the Triumph in April. I was thinking of giving some of my family members bags for Christmas with cruise stuff in it. I don't want to spend too much, but want it to be nice enough. Any thoughts?

I think that is a great idea. I am cruising in January with family to celebrate a special anniversary and I was thinking about giving a gift of tote bag filled with things you dont think about unless you wander through cruise critic boards such as large drink cup, power cord, night light, beach safe, lanyard, markers and post its. maybe some downy wrinkle release and lysol wipes or spray. there are so many things but I think these are the ones that no one thinks about but would be most appreciated....not very personal but VERY practical

I agree with FloridaFunLady. You can find a ton of those things at the Dollar Store - duct tape, hand sanitizers, post its, puzzle books, night lights, etc. A very practical and fun (get excited!) gift idea!

And I agree with the Downy Wrinkle Release - that stuff is awesome! I have seen them at Wal-Mart in the trial/travel isle. Great size for travel and cost about $1.50.

I have bought several of these as gifts and they are great.

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=cruising+caddy&category0=

If you click on "ask the seller a question" at that site and tell him how many you want you can get them for $4.99 each with one shipping charge.

I used mine on my last cruise and it was great. :D

I made up gift baskets last year, and also added funship dollars for everyone. Plus, for the kids, I put there gift in a sand pail with a shovel that I found at the dollar store. They took them along with them on the cruise, and then just left them at the last beach. Another good item, is a lighted alarm clock. You can get them at walmart for 5 dollars.

Everyone loved the gifts, even tho I had to explain to them what they needed some of the items for. If you have kids to buy for, look for some activity books, markers, etc. to use on the plane.

I did this for a friend last year. Small size shampoo, conditioner, lotion, razor, toothpaste, hand held fan, sunscreen, baby powder ( to remove sand from feet) dog biscuits (fish food), bandaids, travel journal, room deodorizer, ziplock bags, bonine and the other items already listed. So many things can be found at the dollar store. I also made a sign for their door and put it on without their knowledge. They loved it.

Archived