NCL reef bottom fishing excursion

pinkgusto

Hi!

My husband and I (30's) are going on our first cruise on the NCL Spirit in Jan. In Belize, we were looking at going Reef Bottom Fishing. Has anyone been on this excursion, and did you like it? We noticed it was a 4 hour est. time, and we were hoping that would leave us a little time to see Belize too! Would love to hear!!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I hope I don't disappoint you, but we did this last Feb and it was absolutely the worst fishing experience of my life! The boat was very hot and crowded with very little shade available, and even with lines in the water for a few hours, our group of 3 caught only one very tiny fish between us. I mean, any day fishing is better than a day working, but I wouldn't do it again - maybe the fishing is not always so bad, but I think there was nothing over a pound or so on the whole boat, and very few of them in total. The boat took us directly back to the ship, where we changed (our clothes were soaked in sweat) and went to the pier for a few hours for lunch and shopping. This time (last week) we did a private tour of cavetubing and ziplining, had a blast - we enjoyed this far more than I expected. Belize is a beautiful country, I am so glad we went inland to see more of it!

Robin

Archived