Beware of hotel shuttle times

lablvr

Just returned from a great Mariner Eastern Caribbean cruise. We packed light and opted to carry all of our luggage off ourselves. I guess it was overlooked on my part, but there we were before 7AM ready to go home and the Country Inn and Suites shuttle has their first pick up around 10AM. So, we had to take a taxi. (about $20.00 and you can almost see the hotel from the port). Oh well..live and learn.

I wanted to add that you can also have a long wait if someone calls in sick. We had this happen and the hotel did not have enough people to cover the shuttles. We had to wait 45 minutes for the shuttle to finally take us. This was in 2004 coming off the Magic and waiting on the shuttle to the Rad.

You got robbed! :) We stay @ the Radisson, a lil further away & have had cabs take us 3 times for $7-8! The hotel said it would be $5-6 but we accepted the rate, just decreased the tip when it was $8 Would have felt cheap if the cab co. had not told us the same as the Rad so we figured the driver buikt in a little tip!. Moral: Ask before you get in!

We found out this yr. that the Rad. pick up starts @ 8 after we took early disembark. but the next time it was before 8. 10 a.m. does sound late!

Archived