Back from 12/9 Pearl

The very first thing I'm going to say about my cruise, which, by the way was FABULOUS....

Is that I cannot believe all of the silly, little things that peple nitpick about.

I have never heard more complaints about the "crappy food", "poor service", "rude staff".

I don't konw where these people were, but I don't think it was aboard the same cruise I was on.

I have cruised several times before, and I found the food to be quite good.

I got a very good deal on my 5-night sailing, and must say that you can't even get a decent HOTEL for what I paid, let alone a 5-course meal, AND entertainment thrown in.

The staff was very good- Of course, there are always one or two less than smiley people, but think of all of the staff, and all of the people they have to deal with- with all of those complainers, I would have had a hard time being nice too!

We were not allowed to touch any of the food at the buffet, which also goes for condiments (ketchup for burgers/fries), and coffee/beverages. There was someone stationed there to serve you.

Sometimes the lines were a bit long. Again-- LOUD COMPLAINTS.

We were asked to place our hands under the sanitizers before and after eating. Simple thing to do, it squirts out a little bit of sanitizer, you rub your hands together, and you are on your way.

We had a woman barge through, stating loudly, "I'm ALLERGIC!!!" (they should have made that woman wear foodservice rubber gloves).

The shows were great, the weather ROCKED (I came home to 8 inches of fresh snow on the ground, and another foot a day later). Warm breezes, fresh-water pools, and tropical drinks. Who could ask for more?

Apparently, a lot of people.

I suppose, if you go looking for bad things, you will find them. I'm just very surprised by all of the crabby people, especially at this time of the year.

Just my opinion.......

We go in 24 days.. on the Pearl, southern caribbean.. thanks for the nice words on the ship..we all need positive these days.. to much negiative... we will love the ship also since we arent complainers either....cant WAIT!!! thanks again for the review!!

swt

We boarded the ship around 12:30, very short lines, almost no wait. Cabins were ready at about 1:00. One of the coolest things- we met our cabin steward (I forget his name) for like 30 seconds. EVERY DAY we saw him, and it was from quite a distance down the hall, he would ALWAYS call us by our names! I was amazed......

Just in from our cruise on the Pearl....spent the weekend in Key West:D .

We had a wonderful time....had no trouble getting reservations to Cagney's (twice)or La Cucina....could not get into the Tapas restaurant at the time we wanted so ended up in the Blue Lagoon....The chocolate buffet was that night anyway...so had to save room;) . Did I like all the food...NO but was always able to find something I did like. We ate at both Summer Palace and Indigo and were quite happy with the food. The service may have been a little slow but heck I'm on vacation.

Was not crazy about the Garden Cafe...but could always find something and really was happier being served after watching some of the passengers! The staff tried very hard to keep people moving and to get what you needed...I am sure all that is much extra work.

We saw no one sick...but there were lots of announcements about washing hands. The room stewards we had were absolutely wonderful. We saw them every day....the towel animals were so cute.

Embarking was rather hectic but lines did move pretty well. We did the Express deembarkation which worked very well for us...we were on the road to Key West by 8:30.

We would not hesitate to sail the Pearl again...She is beautiful. Loved the freestyle after sailing RC and the Big Red Boat...remember her?

Tried to find some CC members on board but guess we missed you.

Archived