AOS 12-9 cruise

scooter06

We just got back from 12-09 cruise on AOS. I am happy to report that we did not have anything but fun. The ship was wonderful. The issues that so many people debate on this message board did not arise. The ship was full and had a large population from Puerto Rico (around 1300 I only know this because one waiter brought it up.). The islands were lovely and we had a great time on our shore excursions. I really enjoyed the America's cup Regatta Race in St. Maartin. Avoid the payphone when you get off the ship in Aruba and St. Maartin we were charged $41 for a 3 minute phone call. We had a JS 9314 forward hump it was fabulous. I loved the large balcony with the forward facing view. The only complaint I have is that I had to leave! :)

We went on shore excursions at every island. I enjoyed all of them but the regatta cup was the best. In St. Maarten's we went on the shore excurison then just wandered into town. We had a great time for $10 we got two beach chairs and 2 heinikens. In Aruba we did the snorkel and sailaway, it was a lot of fun but the lunch was terrible. In Curacao we did the kayaking, tons of fun but work!!!! In St. Thomas we did the St.John's beach break. Lots of fun but only 2 hours at Trunk Bay (beautiful beach!!!!!!!!). Have fun and don't let the rumors scare you. Yes there were all types of people on board but no one got out of hand. There were plenty of chairs but the pool at all times, no rude behavior that I observed, just some strange trends like guys with big sunglasses with hat perched up high on their heads but they didn't bother anyone, and for some reason people were always sitting on the chairs around the edge of the decks for hours on end (maybe they had inside cabins) but nothing to alarm anyone. Yes there were lots of Spanish announcements but nothing obnoxious, just turn off the sound in your cabin. AOS is a great ship with a great itinerary. We loved Johnny Rockett's the oreo sundae is wonderful. :)

Try to be picked for star and stripes the captain is much younger and more interested in winning. I enjoyed being the winch wench. Medium activity but fun you have to think and pay attention, my husband was a forward grinder all work but impressive. Have fun. Watch out they pick two women to be captains!:)

Archived