Questions on the Sensation

Angie-Pangie

We are hours away from booking a cruise on the Sensation, departing January 13th. However, before I do, just a few questions to satisfy my curiousity:

- is there the possibility to self-disembark at the end? we will only have a carry-on.

- we will be getting an inside cabin. any suggestions for which deck is the best? perhaps someone has a specific cabin to recommend?

- the #1 priority for this cruise is pool and deck chair and reading-my-own-book-without-a-two-year-old-who-belongs-to-me wanting Dr Seuss. Are there certain areas of the ship that are better suited for this? I notice there is no serenity deck.

Any other information that you have to share about the ship would be greatly appreciated. I have read all the member reviews of the last year as well as the professional one so am well aware of its age and such.

Many thanks,

Angela

First, I was on the Sensation in March...it's a great ship and had lots of fun!

-You will be able to Self-disembark at the end. On the last night of the cruise, they ask you to put your bags outside your room. Do not do that, they will call for all self-assist disembarkment early in the morning.

-Inside room cabins are fine and usually cheap. That where I have usually stayed. Deck choice is hard and depends on your ways of a "vacation." I am NEVER in my stateroom and usually by the pool so I was on the Riviera Deck for majority of my cruises. It is also nice because you are 1 floor above the disembarkment area while in your pot of call.

-On the Sensation there isn't really an "adults only" area. My recommendation would be the top deckor Lido Deck in the back of the ship. Was always the quietest back there and very pleasant!

You can accomplish your primary goal on the Lido Deck. This is where the main pool is. Although you might not want to be pool side you'll find plenty of deck chairs and lounge chairs several rows back that will accommodate your needs perfectly.

Most of the inside cabins are the same and those that are unique are usually gobbled up first.

You might consider something amidships as that's where the least motion is.

No matter where you are you'll have a wonderful time!

We like cabins that are mid-ship, fairly low, and inside. You get least motion there, you are close to the stairs/elevators, and inside cabins are great for sleeping. We like Riviera and Empress decks. Do not get a cabin underneath anything except another stateroom...too noisy! I speak from experience here!

The upper part of the Lido deck is where you should be able to find a quiet spot somewhere. There is also a smaller pool area aft on the Verandah deck that might work.

Happy cruise planning! I'm currently planning our next one...what a great feeling!

Boo

A really peaceful spot on all Fantasy-class ships is right outside the back doors of the lido buffet. There's no sun there, it's a small patio area with tables and chairs and seldom anyone around. You watch and listen to the ships wake while underway. If yah want sun, take the stairwell off the patio up one deck. I'm not sure if this area remains on the Fantasy-class after the retro-fit, but it's still there on Fantasy.

I agree with the others on the pool spot the Aft pool behind the grill was peaceful compared to around the main pool on the lido deck. There's really only 2 rows of loungers there anyway, so you can't really avoid the hub bub between the pool and the bars. Up one deck was nice, but I didn't find it as relaxing because of the goings on below. I sailed the week after thanksgiving, so there weren't a whole lot of kids on board in general. Those that were, stayed close to the slide and main pool.

I don't have much input on the cabin location since I was on the Riviera deck and felt it was just fine. (R30).

While people did carry off their own luggage, they were just mixed in with all the other groups. They didn't get through customs any sooner than anyone else. I imagine if you had an early flight and got into the first group this would be different. I was in group 9 and off the ship by 8:30 or so. My suitcase was small enough to do as carry on, but I didn't want to have to lug it up stairs and such to get to the atrium where we debarked. The customs area is very well organized and getting my suitcase went quickly.

I thought it was a lovely ship for a first cruise experience, and enjoyed the ship and the crew more than I could have anticipated.

I like the cat. 4e rooms on Fantasy class. They are on Veranda deck which has very few cabins ...very quiet. It only takes a few steps till you are outside on the bow breathing fresh air.Better than an outside cabin any day.

Archived