cruise employee behavior

outerbks

It recently occurred to me that one of the reasons I was so unimpressed with the piano bar entertainer on the Triumph last month is because (politely) he seemed to be pounding down the drinks and behaving questionably. We have been on several Carnival cruises and bought other entertainers a drink or two, but have not seen this kind of extreme behavior. Is getting ----faced at work considered acceptable on the ship?

I realize there are different "restrictions" for Carnival employees and sub-contractors (such as solo performers). Carnival staff must maintain an alcohol level under Carnival's acceptable level when on duty and another "slightly" higher level when off duty and in the ports. Yes, they do test.

However, sub-contractors are not Carnival employees and have a different set of rules. This reminds me of Diamond Dave who could put it away as well....at least until he hit a passenger over the head with a beer bottle. I think that got him bounced.

I realize there are different "restrictions" for Carnival employees and sub-contractors (such as solo performers). Carnival staff must maintain an alcohol level under Carnival's acceptable level when on duty and another "slightly" higher level when off duty and in the ports. Yes, they do test.

However, sub-contractors are not Carnival employees and have a different set of rules. This reminds me of Diamond Dave who could put it away as well....at least until he hit a passenger over the head with a beer bottle. I think that got him bounced.

What a hoot?

Not for the person hit over the head I suppose.

Indiscretions happen everywhere it seems!

We'd actually buy drinks for the piano entertainer on our last Carnival cruise. We were all lit, so we didn't see any reason why he shouldn't be. :D

It doesn't bother me in the least. It didn't affect his ability to entertain us, and in fact, seemed to make the whole night more fun. Of course, had he gotten completely fall down drunk/obnoxious, I may have felt differently.

Your assumption in all this is that the drinks the "entertainer" was drinking actually contain alcohol. It is not unknown in the entertainment industry for performers to incorporate being "inebriated" into their act.

True...and after years of practice...they could probably drink is all under the table!!!

Surprisingly enough, it we were a fly on the wall of all the piano bars...what you will see them drinking the most of is WATER!!!

Yes, it would be James. He was drinking beer (not water) continuously and his performance was the worst I have seen on Carnival. We were disappointed because we often enjoy many hours in the piano bar. Anyone planning a cruise on the Triumph should go and heckle the troll.

Archived