Welcome Home Sharon -- can't wait to hear about your cruise!!

NoelsCat

Thanks for the welcome home.

Glad I took him boy it was exhausting.

I'll give one preview tip before I get all my thoughts in order. If you are traveling with a child do not book the first cruise after a transatlantic. Absolute chaos. (On top of that the port was closed for an hour due to a drug bust on another cruise ship and no one was allowed in or out of the port). But due to Coast Guard inspection and all crew having to go through immigration, and crew changeover, previous cruise late to disembark so our cruise late to embark and well having a stroller gave us lots of priority from registration to x-ray to getting past the huge line for the escalator/boarding pictures to get to the elevator it was absolutely a mess in that terminal like I have never seen.

In fact if you are cruising without a child I wouldn't do it. It took hours for people to board. Then I don't know if that was the problem or plane delays to to weather, but the boat left an hour late but that was no big deal which they specifically said because they were waiting for passengers. People were boarding in our first & third port. Maybe in the second but I didn't see any there.

Archived