Spa anyone?

Hi there,

I am interested in getting a service at the spa. I don't really ever see anything posted on this topic. Has anyone had any experience with it? Good, bad, what to get, what to avoid, pricing?

We are sailing on the Mariner.

Any comments are greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance! Merry Christmas!

I enjoyed the mini massage and facial on the Explorer last Dec.; took the port day special and had an early appointment which still left me time to get off the ship in Belize for a few hours. I believe the special price was $79.00.

Service was very good and I love the products they use so much that I now buy their face products exclusively.

Planning to enjoy the same thing or just a massage on our upcoming cruise in January.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

I just did a spa service on the radiance with a friend and it was terrific!

It was a 2 night Womens Special for $99.00 and was between 6pm-9pm

You get champagne, chocolate covered strawberries and then go into the steam rooms. There was 3 different steam rooms and then steam chairs. You stayed in there for about 30 minutues. After that you got about 45-60 minutes of massages. First we got a back, neck and shoulder. The foot and ankle. Then they did a face massage and facial with all those nice lotions and cucumbers :) It was definitely worth more than the $99.00 and I will do it again on future cruises!

I've gotten pedicures and manicures on various ships in the past. I usually always do a spa tour--offered the first day when you get on the ship. It's nice to see the facility and sometimes you can get some discounts while doing the tour. Every spa I've seen seems very nice and one of these days I'm actually going to do a massage!

I have had services on 3 of my 4 cruises. In general I felt they were good but not great. They are about the price of services at an upscale urban spa. Many people have said they have found massages while off the ship at port for significantly cheaper than the services on the ship. The one thing I did not like was at the end of the treatment, the spa worker tries to sell you their products and one time they even began "marketing" the products during the treatment itself. I have not had this happen before on any massage treatment I have had on land. If you do book a massage on the ship, I would certainly try to get a discount (i.e. book while at port or in a sale they advertise in the Cruise Compass; I think the Crown & Anchor coupons may even have a coupon as well).

Enjoy your cruise :)

I love going to the spa onboard. I am not someone who likes full body massages (I find that I am sore the next day), but I adore facials and any reflexology treatments they offer. Me, if you rub my hands and feet, I'm happy! I usually try to book while we are in port, since they offer specials, as previous posters have mentioned. And, the specials vary.

They may offer to sell you the products they've used (I've had the same push to buy while at Chateau Elan Spa) but don't feel obligated. I've walked away every time.

I hope you have a great time!

Archived