Report- Radisson Hotel Papeete

travelchik

For all those sailing on the PG who were interested in this new hotel here's my review for what it's worth.

Just got back from this hotel. We stayed two nights pre-Radisson cruise. The hotel is located north of Papeete in a town called Arue. It's about a 15 min drive from the airport. Cabs to and from the airport to the hotel are about $25-30.

The hotel itself is beautiful, and being brand new everything is in mint condition. Rooms are not huge, but decorated in dark woods with a nice bathroom and huge lanai all with ocean views. The decor throughout the hotel is more an oriental/indonesian style. There is not a lot of storage space in the rooms for luggage or clothing. The hotel has a restaurant, swimming pool and jacuzzi. THere is also a black sand beach in front of the hotel, although I saw no guests swimming there.

While we thought the hotel was gorgeous, the service was another story. Being brand new everything was in an uproar. Breakfast was very confusing, where we received the wrong order completely two days in a row. We waited over two hours for room service, and worse someone barged into our room at 4:30 in the morning (we're still not sure who). Air conditioning went out for one whole day. Check out took about 20 minutes.

Perhaps by the time you get there, things will be straighted out. I think some of it has to do with the resort being new, and other with the fact that French guests probably aren't as demanding as us Americans. It is a nice hotel and I'm sure you will be comfortable there.

Hi travelchik - we just got home Wednesday night. Thanks for the report on the Radisson Plaza Resort. I forgot to ask you about it when we met on the PG. When we had our Friday overnight at the IC Beachcomber I was glad that we did not have a 4 day pre-cruise there as the closet space was very limited. It was fine for a 1 or 2 day stay. Also, next time I would know enough to ask for a room that was not right over the bar because we could hear music very clearly from our room. I finally fell asleep with a sleeping pill around 11:30 p.m. while the music was still being played.

hey kathy it was great meeting you on the PG. Hope you had a good second week. We had tons of rain in Huahine, so it was a little disappointing.

The porch at the Radisson Hotel was almost as large as the room. But overall the resort was beautiful. I would not want to spend a long amount of time there, just due to the fact it is quite expensive to get in and out of town and other than the pool you are quite limited being stationed in Arue. I hope the service will improve in time, after they get their bearings..for a pre-cruise it is ok.

Archived