Luggage Tag Lottery?

2boyzmom

Just wondering why some people get a nice package in the mail with luggage tags and some do not? I thought it was because people who book directly through NCL get them via US mail- but from what I've read people who book through TAs may or may not receive in the mail? Does anyone know how this works?

I can't say why some do and some don't as a possibility is they do not have an updated email address to get them the doc's.

The obvious is that the lines are going to e-docs which is a cost savings measure that I happen to like as I can access them from anywhere in the event of forgetting, losing etc.

last year most were getting e-tags with their e-docs. this year more people are getting the packet. you still need the e-docs, since the packet is the "welcome" booklet, some excursions stuff and the luggage tags.

i got mine about 3 weeks before the cruise, 2 weeks after i paid final payment.

i just think too many people worry too much about the luggage tags. last year we got ours from the dock workers, the luggage got there the same time as everyone else's. this year i had real luggage tags, my 3 pieces got there at different times, the last one being after most people in my hallwayy. real tags, e-tags or dock tags...makes no difference.

out of the last 3 cruises we have booked (all on another site, not NCL's), this is the first time i have received a package in the mail with the sticker luggage tags (that were victim of the incorrect printing issue talked about in another thread) and the excursion packet.

We've always printed our information out & waited till getting to the pier to get luggage tags. This was a nice surprise (only b/c it gave me another chance to think about my upcoming trip), but definitely not something that would have been missed.

last year most were getting e-tags with their e-docs. this year more people are getting the packet. you still need the e-docs, since the packet is the "welcome" booklet, some excursions stuff and the luggage tags.

i got mine about 3 weeks before the cruise, 2 weeks after i paid final payment.

i just think too many people worry too much about the luggage tags. last year we got ours from the dock workers, the luggage got there the same time as everyone else's. this year i had real luggage tags, my 3 pieces got there at different times, the last one being after most people in my hallwayy. real tags, e-tags or dock tags...makes no difference.

I'm not "worried"- just curious that's all. Sure - I can stick a label on a bag without a problem. Just wondering about the process. Guess I have too much time on my hands :)

Just wondering why some people get a nice package in the mail with luggage tags and some do not? I thought it was because people who book directly through NCL get them via US mail- but from what I've read people who book through TAs may or may not receive in the mail? Does anyone know how this works?

I know how it works and it is spelled out in the original press release. It is up to each TA if they wish to spend the money and forward the Freestyle Package with luggage tags. I imagine those that only sent edocs when paper docs were still available will not send them.

One thing I have found out if you follow the directions on the etags folding them and not cutting them out they work great. Used them on my Gem cruise in Oct. Put them on at Gatwick and they were still fine after being loaded on and off two coaches, on and off the ship, on and off a plane, into the trunk of the car and out out home.

I know how it works and it is spelled out in the original press release. It is up to each TA if they wish to spend the money and forward the Freestyle Package with luggage tags. I imagine those that only sent edocs when paper docs were still available will not send them.

My docs came straight from NCL... & I didn't use a TA. Although, still... it's not that big of a deal as mentioned when the tags are wrong :rolleyes:

My docs came straight from NCL... & I didn't use a TA. Although, still... it's not that big of a deal as mentioned when the tags are wrong :rolleyes:

I was not adressing your issue but had you booked with many of the online TAs you would have seen nothing other then the etags. The fact yours had a printing problem does not go to the question 2boyzmom asked.

I received nothing at all for the Gem inaugural cruise in October. I did print out the luggage tags but didn't put them on, but they were easily obtained at the pier. For my next cruise, on the Spirit in February, I have already received a packet with shore excursion information and luggage tags, correctly printed. I booked directly through NCL for both cruises. Maybe there's a luggage tag fairy, twin to the upsell fairy, whose criteria will remain mysterious?

I booked with an online TA and got our e-docs a couple of weeks after final payment. Then got the welcome packet and luggage tags from NCL a couple of weeks later. Maybe so many complained about the e-tags that NCL decided to start sending the regular tags again.:confused:

I booked with an online TA and got our e-docs a couple of weeks after final payment. Then got the welcome packet and luggage tags from NCL a couple of weeks later. Maybe so many complained about the e-tags that NCL decided to start sending the regular tags again.:confused:

Never stopped sending them after a couple of bumps in the road if your TA elected to do so.

From April

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/pressroom/pressRelease.html?storyCode=PR_042607

In advance of the e-documents, travel partners or guests with paid reservations will receive a new pre-documentation Freestyle Cruising Kit in the mail approximately 75 to 21 days prior to their scheduled sailing. This kit includes a personalized welcome letter, NCL’s welcome aboard booklet that answers questions they may have prior to their cruise, a shore excursion order form and booklet, personalized luggage tags and travel protection plan details, if applicable.

This is strange, but we got e-docs for one cabin, and mailed docs for the other. I think it has to do with one of them I registered online. However, I did do everyone's online for the boarding stuff. So I am just going to use the luggage tags from the mailed stuff, because we are next door.

Archived