Fisher Island

Kaycee1

Hi Everyone,

I will be staying at the Holiday inn across from the Bayside Marketplace in March. Does anyone know how far it is to Fisher Island from the hotel. Would I be able to catch a ferry from Bayside Marketplace over to Fisher Island? Thank you

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Hi Everyone,

I will be staying at the Holiday inn across from the Bayside Marketplace in March. Does anyone know how far it is to Fisher Island from the hotel. Would I be able to catch a ferry from Bayside Marketplace over to Fisher Island? Thank you

Fisher Island in Miami? :eek:

Hi Everyone,

There is a car ferry to Fisher Island, it leaves from the Miami Beach end of the MacArthur Causeway, out near the Coast Guard station.

Fisher Island in Miami? :eek:

Well I guess it is not in Miami? Is it near Miami? Are you just being cute. I am from Rhode Island so I am not all that familiar with Florida. I was hoping to get real advice not a snide comment. Geesh. These boards have really gone downhill. Let the flaming commence:mad:

Well I guess it is not in Miami? Is it near Miami? Are you just being cute. I am from Rhode Island so I am not all that familiar with Florida. I was hoping to get real advice not a snide comment. Geesh. These boards have really gone downhill. Let the flaming commence:mad:

Nooo..I was surprised you asked because Fisher Island is NOT a tourist destination. I never seen anybody ask for Fisher Island.

You can reach Fisher Island only via private car ferry and/or helicopter. It is a residence for the rich and famous and highly private. The only people allowed are residents, workers, vendors and resort guests.

Hope that helped.

BTW, Fisher Island is technically Miami. ;)

My apoligies,

My sister-in-law just bought a condo there. I was trying to plan a visit there before we go on our cruise. I'm not sure if we will have times, so I don't wnt to bother her with the details:o

Sorry, if you misunderstood me the first time around. I thought my :eek: showed you my surprise. If your sis has a condo there you can of course go, you are then an invited guest by a resident.

If you get a chance I would go, just for kicks. Its a beautiful lil island for the rich and famous (is your sister both?). I've been on it a couple times.

Have fun though.

Archived