Beach Break offered by NCL

cruisin2000

• 4 weeks later...
We will be doing this tour on Jan 31. The tour goes to Bannister Island. Belize is a tender port and once you board the tender it goes directly to Bannister Island.

Thank you for the info. Have a great cruise! We'll be there Feb 18th.

We did this tour last week - just returned Sunday. We went to Bannister Island and it was lovely. It was ninety plus degrees, hot and sunny. A great laid back beach day and I'd do it again in a heartbeat!

Thant's great...thank you for the report. I think we will go there as well.

Hi: We visited Bannister Beach back in November of 2006 and it is a small very nice island. You can float around on rafts in the water and lounge on the beach. They have a small place to get something to eat (you'll have to pay extra for that).

Very enjoyable.

1354664128_BannisterBeachBelize.jpg.675192b877c26b48e06aa7d42fdf44fc.jpg

• 1 month later...

We are planning to take this excursion in April from the Sun. Does anyone know if there is time to get back to the mainland after the tender returns you to the ship from the island. Like the idea of not having to tender to shore in the morning and will get a priority to leave ship on sponsered tour this time.

We are planning to take this excursion in April from the Sun. Does anyone know if there is time to get back to the mainland after the tender returns you to the ship from the island. Like the idea of not having to tender to shore in the morning and will get a priority to leave ship on sponsered tour this time.

We too are doing this excursion (from the Sun) in early April, and are wondering about the tender frequency. If possible, it'd be nice to pop over to the mainland for a quick visit.

Does anyone know if they run tenders back and forth frequently to allow us to leave when we want, or will we be "stuck" (... on a beautiful, warm, tropical beach :D ...) until they decide to pick us up at the end of the day?

We did sunbeach beach break and snorkled also.We saw dolphins swimming beside our boat on the way to the reef.After we left back to the ship they asked who wanted to go to the dock in belize city.Some got off the boat onto the ship and then they took the rest of us to town.We spent an hour walking around shopping and got on the tender back to the Jewel of the seas with lots of time to spare.I am very glad i went to town to look around for awhile.I also spent another 30 dollar on 5 dollar T shirts.I thought the belize people were the best on all our ports of call.I was to do the cave tubing with major Tom but had to cancell as i broke my foot waiting to get on the cruise ship,It was my fault and not anyone elses.So i could not do the jungle walk to the tubing area.I booked the Sun Beach beach break right from the ship. Dale

We just got off NCL Spirit and took their snorkel/island excursion. Spent

about 1.5 hrs snorkeling the reef and then over to the island. LOVED IT!

Only downside was that we thought we'd be taken back ashore, but they

returned us directly to ship. Keep that in mind if you want to do some

shopping in Belize.

Archived