Corona Beach

nowendy

We are interested in going to Corona Beach but have a few questions. I understand that you can go on your own there and it is a free beach. If we go on our own do they offer the all inclusive deal when you get there, or do we have to book it thru Carnival? We have some in our group that it would a great deal and then we have some who don't drink at all.

Also, if we book the excursion thru Carnival does the wrist band expire at a certain time, or could we leave a while and shop and then come back?

Thanks

• 2 months later...
We are interested in going to Corona Beach but have a few questions. I understand that you can go on your own there and it is a free beach. If we go on our own do they offer the all inclusive deal when you get there, or do we have to book it thru Carnival? We have some in our group that it would a great deal and then we have some who don't drink at all.

Also, if we book the excursion thru Carnival does the wrist band expire at a certain time, or could we leave a while and shop and then come back?

Thanks

No all inclusive on your own but what you save wil more than pay for your drinks and fun

Thirty-five dollars is not a good value. Beers anywhere along the Malecon are about two bucks and you're not limited to Coronas. The beach is just three blocks from where the courtesy bus will drop you. $35.00? I don't think so.

• 3 weeks later...

Definately do the beach on your own! And I recommend Le Saint Bonnet restaurant which is right across from the beach and close to the bus drop off. They have excellent food and very reasonable prices. Great place for fresh seafood and authentic Mexican cuisine. Can't praise it enough! Just wish we'd had more time to enjoy it! We had the nachos platter which is huge ... and fresh fish. My daughter got a fried fish fillet, but my husband ordered grouper and they brought the whole fish ... my nine year old son loved that! They also sell Sol beers for a buck or two. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got Back from Progreso on the Fantasy. WE did Progresso on our own but a couple we met did Corona Beach. My wife and I walked two blocks to Buddy's, sat on the beach with 2 other couples and drank and ate all day for $95 total for the six of us. That doesn't include the 'extras' that you get with Corona beach i.e. the snorkeling gear, the blue striped lounge chairs or the music/annoying dj's. But mind you the water there is usually pretty choppy so snorkeling isnt the greatest. The only down side with Buddy's or any other restaurant along the beach is you will get asked by the locals to purchase their crafts. We found this to be convenient because you can haggle these sellers and also it becomes a one stop shop. Once your in your chair you never have to get up to do your souvenir shopping.

Just got Back from Progreso on the Fantasy. WE did Progresso on our own but a couple we met did Corona Beach. My wife and I walked two blocks to Buddy's, sat on the beach with 2 other couples and drank and ate all day for $95 total for the six of us. That doesn't include the 'extras' that you get with Corona beach i.e. the snorkeling gear, the blue striped lounge chairs or the music/annoying dj's. But mind you the water there is usually pretty choppy so snorkeling isnt the greatest. The only down side with Buddy's or any other restaurant along the beach is you will get asked by the locals to purchase their crafts. We found this to be convenient because you can haggle these sellers and also it becomes a one stop shop. Once your in your chair you never have to get up to do your souvenir shopping.

Hey td,

You got by for less than 1/2 price by doing it yourself. Neat little place, huh?

So is Buddy's a good place to go if you want to lay out and hang out on the beach and drink as well? Or is it more of a restaurant? How close is it to Le Saint Bonnet, everyone raves about the food there but someone said they weren't very friendly with cruise passengers. Buddy's sounds like a friendlier, more laid back option? What do you think?

Speaking of Budweiser, My hubby works for budweiser and is very loyal to his brand. Is it easy to find at the beach clubs. I'm not that worried about the price but what do you think they charge for it?

Have him try the others. He can ya know. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hey td,

You got by for less than 1/2 price by doing it yourself. Neat little place, huh?

Oh it was a great little place. Had a great time and very highly recommended, not to mention we drank them out of Corona's :p:)

So is Buddy's a good place to go if you want to lay out and hang out on the beach and drink as well? Or is it more of a restaurant? How close is it to Le Saint Bonnet, everyone raves about the food there but someone said they weren't very friendly with cruise passengers. Buddy's sounds like a friendlier, more laid back option? What do you think?

Buddy's is a great place to go if your wanting to sit on the beach and drink. They offer a menu with great quesadillas. The picture is of my wife in front of Buddy's with one of the servers. This way you can recognize the stores signage.

l_2cfcd1eb2e8af94b3facfb7bbe51cd1b.jpg.d851ad7c6851b5673a8607bb8250777f.jpg

Buddy's is a great place to go if your wanting to sit on the beach and drink. They offer a menu with great quesadillas. The picture is of my wife in front of Buddy's with one of the servers. This way you can recognize the stores signage.

That's not the woman that I saw you with.:rolleyes: Sorry, but I had to do it.:D

• 1 month later...

Do you have any other pics of Buddy's?

Archived