One Way Car Rental SEA-VAN

freestylecruizer

We're booked on the first cruise on the NCL Star in April 2008. It goes from Van to Seattle. No problems getting to the port in Vancouver as we live there. Just wondering if anyone knows of a rental agency in Seattle that is accomodating to one-way rentals into Vancouver so that we can return. The Quick Coach is too expensive (US$45 pp) for the amount of people that we have returning (6) and a minivan might suit us better. If the rate+the drop fee is equal to or greater than $270, then we might reconsider the Quick Coach.

Before I start phoning the agencies in Seattle I thought I would ask here.

Thanks!

I've never tried to rent a car one way to cross the border and drop there. I know that it IS possible to do one way rentals within the US, and they charge more for them than they do standard pick up and drop off at the same location. Best bet would be to call the rental agency that you are thinking of using and ask them the specifics, including issues with Canadian driver's permits and one way insurance issues.

I've never tried to rent a car one way to cross the border and drop there. I know that it IS possible to do one way rentals within the US, and they charge more for them than they do standard pick up and drop off at the same location. Best bet would be to call the rental agency that you are thinking of using and ask them the specifics, including issues with Canadian driver's permits and one way insurance issues.

Dupe.

Before we go any further, it is possible to rent one way to Canada as it is possible to rent one way from Canada to the US (and many here have done that). There's no problems as I have done this before, just not recently. Canadian licenses are treated no differently than US ones and insurance is not a problem because our Government insurance (in BC) transfers automatically to any rental in the USA.

Just was asking if anyone knew of an agency that did this before I started to call them all.

It's been a while and the last time I did this was about 5 years ago and it was for a smaller sedan, not a minivan.

Archived