RCCL St. John Beach and Snorkel Tour

DayCruisers

Has anyone taken RCCL St. Johns Beach and Snorkel Tour? I would be interested to know how you liked it and what time the tour left and returned to the ship. We have a group of 16 and would be interested to know if there are any tour operators that run a similar tour.

We are doing this on our cruise in two weeks. I will let you know how it is. We tried to do this excursion the last time we were in St Thomas, but it was cancelled because it rained. Hopefully this time it won't rain when we are there.

We have taken this excursion and really enjoyed it. I think it left around 8:30. We pickedup the ferry boat right at the dock. it was a 45 minute ride over the cruz bay st. john. Then we boarded a bus and headed for trunk bay. All of you fees for the ferry and bus ride and admission to the park are all included in the price you paid through the cruise line. You get to spend about 1 1/2 hours at St. John. They will let you know when to return to the bus to then return to the ferry. It is all planned and laid out very nicely for you. We have actually done this 3 times. We are planning on doing it on our own next time. But if this is your first venture over there, do it through the cruise line until you get youself familiar with the island and the ferry's.

Thank you for the information. Kitty1 please let me know what you thought when you get back from your trip. It sound like it leaves in the morning soon after the ship docks.

I will let you know what I thought of this. Our cruise leaves next weekend. The time for the excursion is around 1pm or 1:30pm. We are in port until 8pm

I am also looking at this tour for Feb 16 on Adventurer of the Seas but it says there is a 300 lb weight limit. If anyone has done this, can you let me know if there is a real need for the weight limit? Would they not allow hubby who is 20 lbs over the limit? Sounds pretty tame from the description, can't understand the limit.

thanks for the input

I just don't get the whole point of having weight limits on these tours. Okay, let me clarify this. I get having a weight limit on an ATV. I don't get having a weight limit on a huge catamaran or a Van ride. Maybe I'm being silly, but I would think that having one or two overweight passengers on board would be counteracted by having one or two underweight individuals. There are a lot of tours that I'd like to go on but my family is all shapes and sizes, and we can't all do the same tour because of one's weight?!?!?! Come on, Royal Caribbean.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived