What Kind of menu does the buffets offer

stevebeme

There really is no menu. Each evening they have varied things like different fish, beef, port, ham, etc. Also the side dishes. In my opinion they have really improved on what they serve at the buffets. Must more tastier. They also have a variety of desserts. Now we noticed on the Diamond last month is when you got off of the elevator right at the entrance to the buffet they would have a sign stating on what was going to be served that evening. I have noticed that before on ouor other Princess cruises so that was nice.

Marilyn

This will be our first Princess Cruise however on every single cruise we've ever taken the buffet food is standard fare. Sometimes they will be themed, Chinese for instance, however you can almost always count on there being some sort of chicken dish along with a beef entree, rice, potatoes, salad bar with several types of salad (Garden, pasta, potato).

Don't forget you can get Cheeseburgers, Hot Dogs, Pizza, sandwhiches. There will be plenty of options for you to choose from. Deciding on something to eat has never been a problem. No matter what you are in the mood for, you normally can find it on the ship.

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies. The food sounds ok to me. I drive a truck and live out of a cooler and nuke my food 5 or 6 days a week so this sounds pretty good.

Steve,

I think you will be pleased with the buffet then. I often skip the dining room. IMO the buffet is also a LOT quieter and low key dining experience at dinner.

• Many of the entrees are the same as those served in the main dining rooms.
  • one or two roast carvings (almost always good)
  • Many entrees including fish, beef, pork, chicken, etc.
  • several pasta dishes, many homemade pastas.
  • Appetizers
  • Cooked fresh vegetables including some special things like asparagus.
  • Many "composed salads"
  • Full salad bar
  • Many types of breads/rolls all baked on the ship and delicious! Some times pizza
  • cheeses/cold cuts
  • 2 soups
  • Deserts of course. Some Princess ships are really good, other not so much.
  • etc, etc.

I agree with NorcalGuy...

On days that we feel like avoid crowds we will often eat breakfast and lunch in the dining room, and dinner in the buffet.

We generally find the buffet selections to be at least as interesting as those in the dining rooms, and there is a greater variety of flavorful ethnic selections as well.

Archived