Pick up locations for Germaines ?

Texas_firefighter

We did. We were pick up at Hyatt Regency. There were other pick up points but I don't know where they are.

The entertainment was pretty good, but the food was quite poor and unfortunately we suffered diaharrea on the next day.

We did. We were pick up at Hyatt Regency. There were other pick up points but I don't know where they are.

The entertainment was pretty good, but the food was quite poor and unfortunately we suffered diaharrea on the next day.

OMG ! Well, there are others to consider in Waikiki. anyone have a different experience ?

• Administrators

I've read many reviews of Germaine's from people who did not get sick, so perhaps that particular poster simply was unlucky, or the food didn't agree with her party. Other luau options on Oahu are Paradise Cove, and the Polynesian Cultural Center. The Royal Hawaiian is also discussed from time to time. If you do a search using "search this board" for "Oahu luau" and limit it to the last six months, you'll see a few threads with discussions about luau options on Oahu.

I would say, by the way, that luau food in general is just mass-produced food... other than maybe the Feast at Lele on Maui I can't recall too many rave reviews of the food at any of them. The main point of a commercial luau is the show and entertainment; the food, not so much.

would love to know of other options .... I dont want to spend 100 bucks and get sick ... can anyone recommend another option here ?

We did not get sick either. Also, we didn't find the food to be horrible; but we have had better at other Luaus.

If you were planning a weekend luau you might consider Hilton HV. It is FREE and you can pick a place to eat for far less than the $100. HHV does not have the extensive dancing but if you enjoy their luau, you can plan for Germaines, etc. on your next visit. I agree with others re the quality of the food. If you had that quality on a cruise ship you would be thinking of sending a letter of complaint to home office...

John L.

I just spoke to a friend who has family that lives in honolulu and they recommended Germaines as a good bet... better than most.

what the heck ... I think its around 60 bucks and we have a 25 % off coupon ... the drinks and entertainment will be covered with that...

I think we will be checking it out.

thanks for all the posts and info

the drinks and entertainment will be covered with that...

You get 3 drink coupons per person. Buy the souvenir glass(16oz) when you arrive; if not you will be served Plastic cup(12oz) and it worked great for us.

• 1 month later...
I just spoke to a friend who has family that lives in honolulu and they recommended Germaines as a good bet... better than most.

what the heck ... I think its around 60 bucks and we have a 25 % off coupon ... the drinks and entertainment will be covered with that...

I think we will be checking it out.

thanks for all the posts and info

Where did you get the 25% off coupon? (Always looking for a bargain.) :D

we used the gooahucard.com ... we never did make the luau

the time difference wound up killing us and we were sacked out pretty early the few nights we had in waikiki

sorry ...but we did find a great bar/restaurant in the waikiki area called moose mcgillicuddys ... they have happy hour pretty much all day with 2.00 mai tais ... how can you beat that ... not sure of the address but on the main drag in waikiki there is a cheese cake factory and this place was across the street and down a bit ... there was a guy dressed up in a moose costume right on= the main drag giving out info

• 3 weeks later...

I attended Germaine's luau last week Wednesday evening. We booked for $69 per person through Hilton Hawaiian Village. The entertainment was good...they even put a guide on the bus there and back with us (picked up at 2 other Waikiki hotels) who got everyone talking and having a great time. The food was just okay and I had to use the restroom several times before I left that night because of a queasy stomach. It was not horrible food at all, just mediocre. We were just a bit disappointed and thought there would be much more island fruit and island type foods.

Archived