Majesty Review (between hurricanes cruise)

mammallama

we smuggled a few bottled on board... two liters of crown and a gallon of bacardi... no problems at all. but ive heard from others they got caught and had to turn it in. its never happened to me personally but i guess ive always been lucky! enjoy your cruise! :D

Good Morning Friends of "L" !

Frank,

Thanks for ck'in on Her. I dont think I will ever know for sure what it was that really came down, but she does not even want to do the 30 day contestment with Miami. She has a very bad taste about the whole way things were done. And as things are in real life the mirror is usally 50% of the reasons things happen. But for now she is very glad to be home [more than I thought she would be :) ] and starting to look for other things to do. She has been very touched by the comments that everyone from this thread have made, and so have my wife and I. We will keep ya'll abreast. Until we meet on the water,

EW

Here's the latest,

Lauryn just called and Lone Star Park [Horse Track] said she could come back for the last 2 weeks of the season inc during the Breeders Cup Sweepstakes next week ! 27 ! The Manger said they were having 10-15 parties asking for her every day to wait on them ! So this will help take some of the edge off her for now. She has the 2 interviews set for tomorrow with the Airlines. Will keep ya'll posted.

Later, EW

Morning EW,

Tell "L" good luck with the interviews.

I passed both of mine with flying colors years ago and 2 weeks before I was scheduled to show up for school in Miami, Eastern went bankrupt. :(

Things worked out for the best. Don't think AA is in such a bad shape that they will fold.

Stephen

Lurking here and there. Boards are kind of quiet lately...since JC has writers block! :rolleyes: I've been checking out your Texas M&M thread, what a bunch of friendly people over there! Wish I lived in Texas! (Hubby lived in Copperas Cove outside Fort Hood in the mid 70's, does that count?) Of course I was just a wee babe at the time. Met the DH after he left the army. ;) We were having a little fun over on the 'Loud and Profane' thread before that got yanked. Kinda like you guys in the Floataway. Guess it was in the wrong place.:rolleyes: Got kinda raunchy and one person was offended. Sheesh.

7_2_202v.gif

Anyway, doing the 'fall' thing here at home. Leaves were falling so fast it looked like it was snowing outside.

Doing a lot of yard clean-up and such. DH is in the process of building a porch, and I'm the official "tool fetcher", his way of keeping me out of trouble. :p

Say hey to "L" for me. Give her a hug.

Wallie - I've been off the boards for a couple weeks (My nephew, who's stationed in the Air Force in Japan was in a very serious accident - long story!)... so I'm just now catching up. I hope Lauryn is ok. She was such a sweetie on my Majesty cruise!! What the heck happened?!?!?

Wallie or Lauryn - PLEASE email me -- Amymb314@aol.com

(I have a friend who once worked for RCI and ended up leaving with a very bitter taste in his mouth... I'm wondering if this is a similar situation!)

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning Friends !

Lauryn just called and she was woke up today by a call from one of the Mississippi River Cruise lines ! She has her 1 st interview on Tuesday am.

She would have 6 weeks on then 2 weeks off. She may be 21 but still cant be on her own for too long, trying to stay focused :D :rolleyes: . Keep your fingers crossed as I think this would be right up her alley. Keep ya up dated.

EW

Here is the latest !

Lauryn had a 1st & 2nd interview with the Gaylord Texan Resort Hotel yesterday. They hired her on the spot ! Starts traning next fri the 17th, in the Sports Rest & Bar. This Hotel is by the DFW Airport and is over 90% booked thru the 3rd quarter of 2006 ! It has the largest non city owned convention area in the State ! Here is a link: http://www.gaylordhotels.com/gaylordtexan/index.cfm

wallie

Just caught up with this thread and am set back by it. I enjoyed reading about Lauren's adventures during the hurricanes and such. Did not know anything about her leaving Monarch.

Can you please email me to let me be "in the know" about the situation as much as you would like for me to know. I really hate it when someone "great" falls into an unfortunate situation.

Thanks

Tim

herrinbowl@midamer.net

Glad to hear about Lauryn's good interviews. I know a couple of folks who've stayed @ a Gaylord property (mebbe the one in Tenn.) and they couldn't stop raving about the property and the staff.

So I know "L" will fit right in :) Give her our best!

Frank

• 3 weeks later...

Archived