Harrison's Cave to reopen January 2nd, 2008

Sunniebgi

Well interestingly enough, I opened my Sunday Sun (Nation) newspaper and see a special section on Harrison's Cave.. 26years of operation.. and a little tiny paragraph about it's reopening on January 2nd.

Soo... (I'm not holding my breath) but .. if you are here, I would suggest calling first. 438-6640.

Enjoy.

Thanks for the update. We truly enjoyed Harrison's Cave, and had been told it was closed till they finished the renovations and extension. Do you know how much more was added? I recommend it to anyone who goes to Barbados:)

according to the article, not as much as I thought was being done. Re doing the visitors centre and getting in new trams. but there is supposed to be an elevator, and a few other things..

it will be interesting to see what is actually there.

Well interestingly enough, I opened my Sunday Sun (Nation) newspaper and see a special section on Harrison's Cave.. 26years of operation.. and a little tiny paragraph about it's reopening on January 2nd.

Soo... (I'm not holding my breath) but .. if you are here, I would suggest calling first. 438-6640.

Enjoy.

It is the 2nd, did it open??? :) Hoping so, as we are there later this month.

This is what happened when the caves tried to open yesterday..2Jan08

http://www.nationnews.com/story/332732331092359.php

Industrial action.. caves closed.. staff said not conditions not ready, etc etc...

besure to call first.. before you go..

Sorry, not sure what the cost will be.. I think I read 40.00bbd but not sure..

sounds like quite the mess........ I guess we can only hope that all is up and running soon......

Hi Sherri.... remember me.... from a few years back on the board...(Brilliance days) looks like you are in the same pickle as us..... we will be in Bardados on Valentines day Feb 14th... Have put off booking any other excursion for that island... we still have some time.......

Will keep monitoring this thread........... thanks again for those posting up to date info.........

Hey Ellie of course I remember you.... I thought you only cruised in January....we have a large fab group for our Feb.3rd cruise...decided to do the Catamaran, Turtles tour in Barbados....we have done the caves before but wanted our friends to see them but they are not bothered, so off to the boat and beach :)

Hope one day you will be on one of our cruises and we will finally meet. Happy New Year to you

Archived