Anyone been on the Imagination lately?

BarJen

Would love to know this also. You can go to the reviews section to find more info. But I read those a while ago. We leave in February and I am dying to read more. If anyone has cruised her lately, please give us some info...

Thanks,

Dayna

We were one of the first to sail her straight from dry dock. The upgrades are very nice. I am finding I dont want to go back to other Fantasy class sailings until they have all undergone this transformation. We are looking at the Inspiration for this spring break. The pool had more room since the slides were moved to the top deck and I cant wait to take the kids, they are really going to enjoy the slides and splash area up there. The serenity deck was so nice, quiet and comfy lounges and shaded areas too. The restrooms on the lido deck, what a difference, bigger, more modern and a bit lighter too. The rooms were toned down a bit and the flat screen a nice amenity, they removed that plastic corner light thingy too! Unfortunately, out of 5 cruises I have been on, the service in the DR was the worst ever and the food/dinner mediocre in the DR as well. I really enjoyed the buffets though, a huge assortment, all 4 areas had a different variety, I never ate outside on the lido, always found plenty I liked inside. I do miss the deli, this ship doesnt have one, but the sushi was good! We had breakfast in the DR and it was slow, but I found that the norm, we also had to ask for more coffee and they dont serve danish, you have to ask for it. I only like to go for the Eggs Benedict, the other mornings we ate at the buffet and if you get there early enough, no problem with the omlette lines, they do back up a bit about mid morning tho. The slots werent paying off either, at least not for me, I saw one woman win a jackpot at the 2 bucks slot. But anyway, I do like the upgrades and there are some pictures: http://www.carnival.com/cms/static%5Ftemplates/promos/evolutionsoffun/default.aspx?wt.mc_id=CDBlog10262007&partner=JBlog_links

I'm cruising on Imagination in 15 days!!!! It'll only be my 2nd cruise, & the 1st one for my friend I'm going with, so we won't have much to compare it to. Hopefully I'll remember to write my review when I get back!! I'm so excited to go, and I can hardly wait! These 2 weeks will fly by (as well as my 5 days on the ship)!! :cool:

I know its a minor thing, but I noticed it: The font of "Carnival Imagination" on the front of the funnel "wrap around" (former topless) deck looks much better than on the Inspiration.

In the Inspiration pics someone posted the font was tiny and poorly done. Hopefully they change it.

I went on the New Year's Eve/ New Year Cruise and I liked it. The food was not the best but my waiter and his assistant were the best ever! The cabin service was good, the shows, comedians, and the CD and his entertainment staff were good too. What I didn't like was that for lunch you didn't get the dining room option and the lines at the Lido Deck were long.

I went on the New Year's Eve/ New Year Cruise and I liked it. The food was not the best but my waiter and his assistant were the best ever! The cabin service was good, the shows, comedians, and the CD and his entertainment staff were good too. What I didn't like was that for lunch you didn't get the dining room option and the lines at the Lido Deck were long.

I have noticed more lately that the formal dining room is staying closed for lunch on PORT days and is only open on SEA days. It used to be open every day....with maybe only one day closed during the cruise for lunch.

• 2 weeks later...

When was the Imagination updated and refurbished? My hubby and I were on that ship on Jan. 29, 2007 for a 5 day trip to the caymans and Jamaica. We were booked for a ocean view room and was given a penthouse suite instead. I love all the updates they did, she looks nice.

When was the Imagination updated and refurbished? My hubby and I were on that ship on Jan. 29, 2007 for a 5 day trip to the caymans and Jamaica. We were booked for a ocean view room and was given a penthouse suite instead. I love all the updates they did, she looks nice.

She came out of Drydock the middle of December. She was the 2nd Fantasy class ship to get the new Evolution of Fun Waterworks refit.

The deli is still up in the air. I have heard it is gone period. I have heard it will be there in 2 more weeks.

I will find out for sure...MONDAY!!!! yea!!!

Archived