Blue Lagoon, other beaches

Seamama

Can anyone please give me information on Blue Lagoon? How is the swimming; are there chairs umbrellas, float mats; how is the snorkeling?

Can anyone compare Blue Lagoon, Cable Beach and Paradise Island? We're looking for a nice beach, with great swimming, float mats, rest facilities.

How to you get to the shopping area in Nassau from the beaches?

Thanks very much.

Hello Carnival Miracle !
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008080&cdt=2004;6;12;8;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]

Norweigan Wind 2/2004
Disney Magic 6/2003
Disney Magic 1/2002
RCCL Sov. of the Seas 5/1998

Blue Lagoon has it all! You take a ferry (45 minute ride...fun!) from the port, or from Paradise Island, and you can just lounge around all day at the beach, or in the Lagoon which is clear and shallow without waves(looks like a river that runs through through part of the island). I didn't see any chair rentals or floats though. It was really natural, and not crowded at all...you could walk around to other areas of the island on your own and find different beaches. And there were hammocks between palm trees everywhere...so relaxing!
As far as Cable Beach, never been there. Have been to a public beach on Paradise Island, Cabbage beach just down from Atlantis...it was nice, but crowded, and they had a lot of natives there asking for you to buy stuff on the beach. But the water was gorgeous, and there was watersports rentals, chair rentals, drinks for sale in coconuts...much going on. Not nearly as relaxing as Blue Lagoon! I never saw a restroom near this beach, unless you walked down to the resort. Blue Lagoon had bath-houses. ENJOY!

CCL Fantasy July 20, 2003 Bahamas
CCL Fantasy April 25, 2004 Bahamas

[B]Hey Seamama![/B]
We just did the Blue Lagoon shore tour on 5/22/04. There were Hammocks everywhere for people to lounge on, some picnic tables, and a large pavilion where food could be bought & you could sit & eat under.(We did not eat anything while on island so cant tell you anything about food.) There was a open air bar with stools around it, a Gift shop, a couple of ladies with jewelry & gifts displayed on picnic tables, & these same ladies did hair braiding! There was a booth/pavilion where you could rent non motorized water equipment, & snorkel equipment. Bathrooms & outside showers for rinsing off the sand! I dont know if there was anywhere to leave your things or not! I am still in a bledsoe boot b/c of a fractured ankle so I did not go in the water! I saw alot of people just let their things in a hammock & go off for long periods of time! I just relaxed in my hammock as my DH brought me Strawberry daiquiris($6) & Pina coladas($6)! Oh to be waited on again like that!!
Hope that helps!!

Kelly

Carnival Fascination 5/04

[B]Hey Seamama![/B]
Forgot to answer about the Nassau shopping!
When we returned on the 2pm ferry from Blue Lagoon then we shopped in Nassau!
The ferry was returning at 2PM & 4PM that day, & we chose the earlier one so we could shop awhile! When it drops you off you are right at the straw market, or you can walk right up to Bay street where alot of the shopping is. There was a map of Nassau we picked up at the shore talk the first night out to sea.
Hope that helps! Have a GREAT cruise!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Kelly

Carnival Fascination 5/04

Archived