Jungle Falls Kayak Questions

cruisin'sz

Looking to possibly do this NCL tour - never kayaked, not a strong swimmer....looks like a good initiation into kayaking though - What are your thoughts? Also, what is the depth of the water at the waterfall at the end of the tour. And how long are you actually kayaking on the river. Thanks for all your help.

When we did this, the kayaks were broader on the bottom to avoid turning over as easily. We also donned life vests, just in case. I don't recall the water being very deep by the water falls, but I'm short, so anything over four feet is deep to me. I think the entire river time was about 90 minutes, but it could have been longer - it was a long time ago.

You didn't need to be a strong swimmer or paddler to enjoy the river (ocean is another thing though). It is designed to give you a great, but safe, experience, all the while exposing you to some lovely sights in a relaxed setting.

I woud do it if it appeals to you. Trying new things is what travel is all about.

Charlie

Did this in September. Kayaked for about 30 minutes of the entire trip. I have ocean kayaked before and hated it, but since you are with the current of the river it isn't at all bad. They are tandem, so make sure that if you are weak you are with someone who is stronger (I pretty much just sat there and let my husband do all the rowing). The scenery along the river is fantastic. The water at the falls was quite cold, so I only waded in to my knees, but my husband swam out a bit further. I think he could touch the bottom at all times, but I'm not sure.

Archived