Diving in St. Thomas

fi0na

Was wondering if anyone has dived there and had any input? Our cruise isn't offering diving, so need to arrange on our own. We are there from 8am to 6pm ..

Doing research, I've found a few companies. Would appreciate any suggestions/feedback.. thanks

Sea Trade/Sea Horse Dive

Admiralty Dive Center

Underwater Safaris

AAA St. Thomas Diving Club

Aqua Action

Patagon Diving Center

Chris Sawyer Diving Center

Dive In

Coki Beach Dive Club

Blue Island Divers

Not a diver myself, but a couple in my family have dived multiple times with both St Thomas Diving Club and Blue Island Divers. Blue Island is located out in Sub Base. In the past they have picked up divers at the cruise dock at Havensight. Not sure whether they do that anymore. St Thomas Diving Club is in Bolongo Bay , you would need to get a taxi to go there. Check to see that the dive they have scheduled matches your experience level. It's not fun to get stuck with beginners if you're not one. On the other hand, you can get quickly certified at ST if you're just beginning.

Was wondering if anyone has dived there and had any input? Our cruise isn't offering diving, so need to arrange on our own. We are there from 8am to 6pm ..

Doing research, I've found a few companies. Would appreciate any suggestions/feedback.. thanks

I'll comment on the ones I have an opinion.

Sea Trade/Sea Horse Dive

Admiralty Dive Center -- I've gone with them and recommend them. Pickup at the cruise dock. Small boats, small groups. My St. Thomas photo gallery from my dives with them.

Underwater Safaris

AAA St. Thomas Diving Club

Aqua Action

Patagon Diving Center

Chris Sawyer Diving Center -- Excellent reputation, but you'd need to take a taxi to get to their dive shop.

Dive In

Coki Beach Dive Club -- Good choice for a mixed group of divers/non-divers as you can stay together as a group. Also a good choice for budget minded divers, but not the very best dives that St. Thomas has to offer.

Blue Island Divers -- Also gets recommended here on CC fairly often.

• 2 weeks later...

We dove with Admiralty last year. They pick up at the base of the CA pier. We did 2 sites that were fairly close to each other. They provided a selection of snacks and sodas in between dives. The guide was very good directing us to shrimp, a nurse shark, moray eel and some fake treasure they had tossed down (all fun)! The second site was better than the first. The weather was a little rough that day, so visibility wasn't as good as you would hope, but still way better than the Gulf of Mexico on a rough day.

The crew was great about setting up the gear and helping you in/out of the water. Their rental gear is first rate - seriously. It's like what you would buy for yourself and in top condition.

At the end of the dive they gave us souvenirs and stickers with our times for our log books.

I'd dive with them again.

Archived