msc musica.

climar

any knowledge of cabins at rear of musica?. particularly intermezzo deck.

interested to know if walkways are in front of balcony,we are in a balcony room 9 grade, any info on these rooms would be appreciated.

any cruisers on musica 9th jan 08 , if so get in touch.

any knowledge of cabins at rear of musica?. particularly intermezzo deck.

interested to know if walkways are in front of balcony,we are in a balcony room 9 grade, any info on these rooms would be appreciated.

any cruisers on musica 9th jan 08 , if so get in touch.

There are no walkways Deck 9 that I'm aware of.

Here's 4 links to my experiences on Musica Xmas 2007.Don't take it all as negative. but it may help you avoid some of the pitfalls. Enjoy it for what it is. Regards

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=36134

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=671408

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=682237

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=656424&page=2

hi.

many thanks for the links to your excellent info, its very much appreciated, we are aware msc are not rci/cunard so expect it to be a bit different , however we will enjoy!, we are heathrow/nice then coach to genoa, hope its

not too painfull!!

again many thanks

climar.

Hi Climar

We are going on the Musica in August and asked the same question as the rep for MSC here in Australia told us there was a walkway. Our TA got someone to check when they were on board and they have said there are no walkways in front of the balconies.

We have scrutinised many photos on the net to see if we can see one but it all looks okay - we have also booked into category 9 on intermezzo deck.

Look forward to hearing your report on your return.

Regards

PKW

hi.

many thanks for the links to your excellent info, its very much appreciated, we are aware msc are not rci/cunard so expect it to be a bit different , however we will enjoy!, we are heathrow/nice then coach to genoa, hope its

not too painfull!!

again many thanks

climar.

The Journey Nice to Genoa is about 3 hours along the French/Italian Riviera. I would sit in the right hand seats & keep your camera/camcorder handy as you pass along the coast. They do not stop along the way so take any refreshments you need. Regards

thanks wilba

i think you should open a website, its so hard to find great info on cruising,but now we have u as a friend our troubles are over,actually this site "cruise critic" is best we have found.

again many thanks

have a happy and healthy new "cruising" year

best regards

climar.

Hi pkw

thanks for info, we also looked at all photos available, with no definite result, we will post a report on return,hopefully a great one!

the cabins at rear of musica look to be similar to navigator, which i believe are slightly larger than rooms on sides of ship, but not 100% sure.

i have read many reports about poor organisation on baording and poor staff moral on msc cruises, however ime with wilba, we take it as it comes , and try our best to enjoy our cruises,the ship looks superb, i think the itinery and ship /cabin make the cruise special, sure its great if food and service is a1, but u have to pay much more to guarantee this! we like rci/cunard we have travelled with these lines recently, the QM2 is in our opinion fantastic, however we met fantastic dining partners, and staff on board were in my opinion excellent, i have travelled with rci/cunard/thompsons/p-and-o lines

and they all seem ok generally.we really like royal carribean (rci) in our opinion the best all round ,navigator of seas a ship and a half!! superb fun and v/good staff, food not up to cunard, unles u pay extra in portofino etc restaurants, johny rockets 50s restaurant great fun!!

funny i must be getting addicted to cruising, i wonder why??

regards and many thanks

climar (uk)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

just returned from musica 9/1/08-20/1/08 11 day cruise.

as previously advised by wilba,trip from nice airport to ship is on a coach with no toilet/facilitys. trip takes approx 3 hours

the rep from msc was late ,so we all had to wait 25 mins before boarding coach!, very badly organised, much time waisted.

no major problems when boarding ship. (return trip ok 2.30 hours)

ship is superb, italian decor/design , food in our opinion is good, obviously its mainly italian , ie lots of pasta/risotto which is ok by us!!

we mainly used main restaurant prefering waiter service, no real problems here, we were lucky to have excellent waiters,

5/6 coures at lunch/dinner if u can eat it all!!

wine package good value,but choices of wine types on these packages limits adventure!!, also 2 wine styles were unavailable to us, we were offered cheaper?? alternatives, no real input from wine somellier , a bit disapointed with this .

some wine packages also come with water package,voucher system, saves time and money.

trips taken by us were well organised but too many shopping stops,

so (we think )guide could get a backhander from shops/vendors.

lots of time waisted here which we think could be used better , the pompei trip was a prime example, cameo shop first! then a walk (very slowly) around pompei approx 2 hours, then liquer tasting.

at least an hour waisted,its our holiday time!!!!

back to ship!

lots of colds/flu on board,

no gel seen by us anyware,so infections ran riot, its now known washing of hands is a good barrier to colds, (yes i know its airborne also)

i personally think the infections are transmitted due to menus/pens being used by all,hand gel is good barrier to this.

we used a product by vick (hand foam) applied before eating etc..

organisation on board is not good, it took a week to get our tv reprogrammed (no english channel) then we could watch film/ news.

the staff at info desk are not ( in my opinon) motivated.

very little to do on board, entertainment is not top notch, shows in theatre ok, but entertainment team???? absolute rubbish,kids might enjoy,

bars and staff ok.

lots of vibration at rear of ship, we were not bothered, but be warned its quite noisy at times.

too sum up , we would use MSC again,we think msc could be excellent, but thier are lots of small things needing attention,these cruises are obviously aimed at german/italian guests ,if u want good food ,and a relaxing cruise msc would be ok.

the disco was as far as i know never up too speed ,.we tried it on couple nights, but it was empty?? one night without music?

crystal lounge is a nice venue, spoilt by very poor (ani team) entertainment, and smokers(sorry)

art auction a farce (basil fawlty )

in summer it would be a better cruise ,bit too cold too use pools,

also thier are no walkways in front of rear facing cabins,just to let those interested know! rooms are very nicely decorated and well kept.

hope my rambling helps, its not 5 star, but it could be,

just too mention we were lucky too meet 2 couples at dinner, our dining companions.we had lots of fun, this is what made our cruise special,its what u make it i guess,just a shame its not better organised .

the musicians on board are excellent as are the dancers and circus type acts, the shows are of a reasonable standard,

tucano lounge is another nice venue, used for lots of activities,mainly by the hopeless animation team.

if u need more info on musica,let me know and i will try to help.

Hi

as previously advised by wilba,trip from nice airport to ship is on a coach with no toilet/facilitys. trip takes approx 3 hours

the rep from msc was late ,so we all had to wait 25 mins before boarding coach!, very badly organised, much time waisted.

ship is superb, italian decor/design , food in our opinion is good, obviously its mainly italian , ie lots of pasta/risotto which is ok by us!!

we mainly used main restaurant prefering waiter service, no real problems here, we were lucky to have excellent waiters,

wine package good value,but choices of wine types on these packages limits adventure!!, also 2 wine styles were unavailable to us, we were offered cheaper?? alternatives, no real input from wine somellier , a bit disapointed with this .

some wine packages also come with water package,voucher system, saves time and money.

lots of time waisted here which we think could be used better , the pompei trip was a prime example, cameo shop first! then a walk (very slowly) around pompei approx 2 hours, then liquer tasting.

back to ship!

no gel seen by us anyware,so infections ran riot, its now known washing of hands is a good barrier to colds, (yes i know its airborne also)

i personally think the infections are transmitted due to menus/pens being used by all,hand gel is good barrier to this.

organisation on board is not good, it took a week to get our tv reprogrammed (no english channel) then we could watch film/ news.

very little to do on board, entertainment is not top notch, shows in theatre ok, but entertainment team???? absolute rubbish,kids might enjoy,

bars and staff ok.

lots of vibration at rear of ship, we were not bothered, but be warned its quite noisy at times.

too sum up , we would use MSC again,we think msc could be excellent, but thier are lots of small things needing attention,these cruises are obviously aimed at german/italian guests ,if u want good food ,and a relaxing cruise msc would be ok.

the disco was as far as i know never up too speed ,.we tried it on couple nights, but it was empty?? one night without music?

crystal lounge is a nice venue, spoilt by very poor (ani team) entertainment, and smokers(sorry)

also thier are no walkways in front of rear facing cabins,just to let those interested know! rooms are very nicely decorated and well kept.

just too mention we were lucky too meet 2 couples at dinner, our dining companions.we had lots of fun, this is what made our cruise special,its what u make it i guess,just a shame its not better organised .

the musicians on board are excellent as are the dancers and circus type acts, the shows are of a reasonable standard,

tucano lounge is another nice venue, used for lots of activities,mainly by the hopeless animation team.

Hi

back to ship!

bars and staff ok.

Welcome back. Glad you survived. Yes they are a disorganised lot & sadly it was the same in 2005 when we went with them on Sinfonia. You would think in 2 years somebody would get the 'message'. Regards

Archived