Transfer-airport-hotel-port and back again-FLL?

golf4food

I am sure this has been asked a million times but I can't seem to find any good info. Our original plan was to fly into Miami and drive down to FLL in a rented car but after reading the boards it is probably best to fly into FLL (RCCL departure out of the port in Ft. Lauderdale).

Is there a hotel with a free shuttle to/from the airport and free shuttle to/from the port?

What is the best way to get back and forth from the airport to whatever hotel (suggestions there would be good too) and from that hotel to the port, then back again?

First time cruiser here so I know NOTHING :D.

I have a similar issue - we are flying into Miami (not till next December!) and our cruise leaves from Port Everglades. We don't mind whether we stay in Miami or Ft. Lauderdale overnight. Trouble is, there is no direct flight from the UK to Ft Lauderdale, so it will have to be Miami. Does anyone know the cheapest and best way from Miami Airport to FLL? We're not that keen on hiring a car and driving ourselves, as we will have had a nine-hour flight and don't know the area.

The LaQuinta Inn & Suites has airport shuttle to hotel and will also take you to the port. If you are staying with them post cruise again then I don't see why they would not pick you up from the port also and take you back to the hotel. Just have their phone number handy and give them a call when you get back into port.......I'd also ask about it while staying there about picking you up again from the port......just to make sure.

Pat

Hotels noted below meet the criteria your looking for. Transportation the port to FLL take a cab for the 10 minute, 2.5 mile ride for around $12:

LAQUINTA INN & SUITES

2620 North 26th Avenue

Hollywood, FL 33020

954-922-2295

http://www.lq.com/lq/properties/propertyProfile.do?ident=LQ985&propId=985

COMFORT SUITES FT LAUDERDALE AIRPORT WEST

2540 Davie Rd. SW 64th Ave

Davie, FL 33317

954-585-7071

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/HotelInfo?hotel=FL591

HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS AIRPORT

1150 West State Road 84

Ft Lauderdale, FL 33315

954-828-9904

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com

HAMPTON INN PLANTATION

7801 S.W. 6th Street

Plantation, FL, 33324954-382-4500

http://hamptoninn.hilton.com/en/hp/hotels/index.jhtml;jsessionid=42O0PCTQRR5E2CSGBIW2VCQ?ctyhocn=FLLPTHX

MARRIOTT COURTYARD AIRPORT/CRUISEPORT

400 Gulf Stream Way

Dania Beach, FL 33304

954-342-8333

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLHT

The LaQuinta Inn & Suites has airport shuttle to hotel and will also take you to the port. If you are staying with them post cruise again then I don't see why they would not pick you up from the port also and take you back to the hotel. Just have their phone number handy and give them a call when you get back into port.......I'd also ask about it while staying there about picking you up again from the port......just to make sure.

Pat

We just did this in November, only we drove and parked our car there for free. It does have a shuttle to and from the airport and TO the port. It does not pick you up from the PORT. The cab from the port to the hotel was $27.50 plus tip.

Thanks for your advice. It seems that these hotels have free shuttles from Fort Lauderdale Airport. What about Miami, where we will be flying to? From what I have seen, the cab fare from that airport to Fort Lauderdale is about 60 dollars. Is this right?

What we expect to do is fly to Miami International Airport, get (somehow)to Fort Lauderdale and stay there for the night before the cruise. When we come home, our flight will probably be the same evening as we disembark, so we won't be staying another night in a hotel - we'll just have to get back to Miami!

When we did our last (and first) cruise, all hotel accommodation and transfers were part of the package we booked from England. But we can't do this cruise that way, and have booked it from the States and have to arrange our flights and transports ourselves. I don't mind that, but need to know the best way of doing it.

Archived