Imagination Review 12/27 - 12/31

sogamusicman

Here is a review of the Imagination, sailing to Key West and Calica Dec27-30, 2007.

Embarkation: This was very easy and a little early. There was some confusion as Carnival started boarding people without making any announcement. We just followed the line and followed along.

The Ship: Newly renovated, it is very nice. We just sailed the newly redone Inspiration also and like both of them.

The Crew: A bit uneven here. Some were outstanding - Jorge (Cruise Director) is a nut! He’s also the best comedian on the ship. Our room attendant Mali was very nice, remembering our names and always saying hello when we saw her. The wait staff was competent, but not memorable. We were spoiled by Babu on the Inspiration and am afraid all others will fail in comparison.

The Food: Again, the food was very uneven. The beef dishes were disappointing at best. For some reason, the lettuce was very wilted consistently, making salads an adventure. The desserts were wonderful.

The Entertainment: This area needs work!! Can Carnival not find decent male singers? This was our second cruise and we haven’t heard a decent male yet on any ship anywhere. The dancers are very energetic, but it’s hard to “hoof it” to crappy musical arrangements. Why have ‘live’ players if they are going to be consistently drowned out by the music track? Someone needs to learn how to run a sound board. I wasn’t surprised to discover that most of my fellow passengers were not aware that the ‘band’ was actually “Milli Vaniili”-ing it to an accompaniment track. Carnival really needs to work on this area.

The Ports: Key West and Calica were nice. I was surprised at the aggressiveness in Playa Del Carmen. I expected some, but some of these guys were relentless. I would sure love to go to a Caribbean port and not be accosted the entire time!

Overall Experience: I really love cruising! Is there anything better than watching a sunrise while on the ocean? Most of my complaints are so minor as to be inconsequential. I would take this cruise again in a minute. Let’s do a little math and see where we stand: 4 nights in a motel ($100/night) - $400.00, 4 days food for 2 ($100 dollars a day) - $400, transportation to Key West and Playa Del Carman: $1000 for 2 people, Entertainment - 200-400 depending on what you do. Spending time with my lovely wife without a care in the world - PRICELESS! This cruise was certainly less than $2000 for two. Even if it’s not perfect, it’s a bargain! For those who are unhappy, try a ‘fancier’ line or just get over yourself. Have a great time!

Thanks for the review!!

I agree about the value. We bought a motorhome thinking we would cruise less and RV more....we have ended up cruising MORE!! :eek:

If someone loves it, it is hard to do anything else.

We will be "experiencing" this in less than a month and I can't wait.

Did you happen to go to karaoke? I heard they have a brand new digital system and I am excited to hear about it.

Thanks!!!

Thanks for the review!!! We sail on Feb 7 to Cozumel and Key West.

Can you tell me if Imagination has a separate room key from sign and sail, or did they incorpaorate them into one card?

Thanks again,

Dayna

Archived