Belize Zoo

GrannyMouse

We went to the zoo in October on a tour with NCQ adventures. You can google them for their webpage. I would highly recommend thier services. I thought it was a very interesting place and wish my kids had a little more patience that day...

We wanted to do cave tubing when we got to belize but funny story is that we left our cash on the ship and we were tendered so DH had to go back to the ship and get the money. He told me to go to the ATM and get out extra cash just in case...well got my cash but not my card back...the crime rate there is bad so I was worried about my card. The security guard had to call the bank and have them come and retrieve my card. We waited 3 hours and they hadn't come so I told DH I didn't want to sit there all day and wait and he told the security guard that if anything happened he was responsible and that we will be back before it is time to get back on the ship to get our card. By that time we had lost time and didn't have enough to go cave tubing so we had our daughter choose the place and she chose the zoo...we were honestly not very impressed. We found a tourguide right off the ship....they are all over the place there hounding you so that's not an issue. It cost us $50 and he took us over there. He drove us through town and we had to change vans because he said the van that he was using was his friend's it was odd but whatever...we finally got to the zoo and it was really not that spectacular, we were a little upset because we had high hopes. It is the rain forest so the animals are hiding in trees and bushes and we didn't see all of them. It is not in great shape at all so honestly I wouldn't recommend doing it.

We wanted to do cave tubing when we got to belize but funny story is that we left our cash on the ship and we were tendered so DH had to go back to the ship and get the money. He told me to go to the ATM and get out extra cash just in case...well got my cash but not my card back...the crime rate there is bad so I was worried about my card. The security guard had to call the bank and have them come and retrieve my card. We waited 3 hours and they hadn't come so I told DH I didn't want to sit there all day and wait and he told the security guard that if anything happened he was responsible and that we will be back before it is time to get back on the ship to get our card. By that time we had lost time and didn't have enough to go cave tubing so we had our daughter choose the place and she chose the zoo...we were honestly not very impressed. We found a tourguide right off the ship....they are all over the place there hounding you so that's not an issue. It cost us $50 and he took us over there. He drove us through town and we had to change vans because he said the van that he was using was his friend's it was odd but whatever...we finally got to the zoo and it was really not that spectacular, we were a little upset because we had high hopes. It is the rain forest so the animals are hiding in trees and bushes and we didn't see all of them. It is not in great shape at all so honestly I wouldn't recommend doing it.

Archived