Beach Place in Fort Lauderdale

roe2ship

Yes, it IS like a shopping/dining mall. Right across the street from the beach, the beach place features live music many nights in a center courtyard that is surrounded by three stories of restaurants and shops.

We love Lulu's Bait Shack and go there every time we visit. It looks out at the ocean and is kind of like a sports bar with lots of TV's and fun going on. There's also a Sloppy Joes (of Key West fame) that rivals the original (IMHO) in the food area...maybe not in the ambiance area though.

The Marriott Beach Place Towers looms behind all this big_1.jpg and although we've never stayed there I've heard nothing but good things about the quality of the operations.

Pricey but nice.

roe2ship,

I have stayed at Beach Place many times, as I wander Florida all winter and it is one of my stops. It is a timeshare hotel. Perfect location and the rooms are large, include a kitchen, and nicely decorated. Mall has several bar/restaurants, but not too many shops. Cheeburger, Cheeburger is there as well as Hooters, Fat Tuesday. Great beach access. You can rent a chair at the beach for $5/day or bring your own. Very close to the Las Olas shopping district, which has some nice restaurants, shops, and galleries. Enjoy Beach Place. Sungirl

Thank you all. I have received an invitation a couple of months ago to stay at Orlando Marriott Vacation Villas for a very good price for 4 nights. This is so they can introduce you to vacation ownership and you must go to their 90 minute or 2 hours presentation. I am now tempted to call and see if I can try the Fort Lauderdale Beach Place Towers and make a post cruise stay there. :cool:

Wow, thanks John. I have been reading some reviews on this hotel and overall seems good. However, some have complained about construction going on with lots of noise during the day and also some loud music from the clubs nearby at night. Some have also stated that the beach there is pretty narrow. Besides the Mariott Harbor Beach, which hotels have nice clean beaches? TIA

roe, Marriott Harbor Beach is the nicest of the beaches by far. Most hotels on Ft. Lauderdale Beach are across the street from a public beach, which I consider to be mediocre. Since I never stay in these hotels, I'll have to give it a little thought.

Archived