Virgin gorda excursion

Destin dreamer

Has anyone done the Island Voyage to Virgin Gorda and the Baths excursion on celebrity? I want to spend as much time at the baths as possible.If I do them on my own, from the looks of the Speedy ferry times, I would have to catch the 9 am ferry to Virgin Gorda then take the 12:30 ferry back to make the boat. So I was thinking about booking the excursion thru celebrity instead of going own my own, which is what I prefer. Any ideas and suggestions?

Hi Destin,

We visited the baths in dec this year, originally we planned to use speedy ferrys and a taxi to the Baths but in the end went with the cruise line tour as we were sold into the idea that we would'nt miss the ship.

What no brochure tells you is how little time you have at the baths. The ferry ride is 40-45 mins followed by a 10 min taxi ride to the top of The baths, then to get to the baths/beach is a 20-25 hike down a trail were you get to the beach. If you wish to experince the baths you then have another 20-25 min trek over rocks through pools of water (this part is the best and not to be missed but not for the faint hearted)you then get to the best beach for snorkelling etc.

We had no time at all to sit on the beach as it was time to head back to get the taxi. So on reflection we wish we had arrranged the tour our selfs got the earliest Speedy ferry and our own taxi, no waiting around for people who turn up late etc

We do not regret the trip to the baths but feel that if you do it though Speedy ferrys and get your own taxi you would have more time to enjoy the Baths.

We were with another cruise line and the tour started at 12.30pm and had to be back on board by 4.30pm. The tour was suposed to be 4hours at The Baths which seemed enough time but if you take into account waiting for the ferry, waiting for everyone to get in the taxi plus the travelling time you have about an hour if your lucky.

I hope this helps Have a fun time.

Hi Destin,

If you can make it to the baths, do it regardless of the time you spend and you'll plan a trip back there. A few years ago, following a quick visit to the baths on a cruise excursion as did loadsofpanache, my DW and a few couples, rented a sail boat out of Tortola and sailed the BVIs. Headed right to Virgin Gorda, anchored, and went to the baths. Our second thru fifth days found us moored at different islands and our last day was back at the baths. Either way you get there, get there but don't miss your ship out.:D

Barry

Archived