Help with Aruba Wedding Planners

Ok, so we are planning on getting married on April 15 in Aruba. Docking there on AOS through RCCL.

GRRRRRRR. I had everything planned with Aruba Fairy Tales wedding planner, but nothing signed. She was so nonchalant about it. Said I was all set and we could wait until the end of year to get everything paid for and the contract signed. Well, now even though I have emailed her 10 times, no response!!

I am freaking out...should I go with another planner? All my work for nothing. We had all the details planned :confused:

Anyone have any suggestions.

We are getting married in October and everything so far has gone pretty smooth with Royal Romance. I keep in mind one of the first posts I read when I found this thread ~ if you are looking for perfection, this isn't the way to go. I have been working with Travis and have found that emailing him works a lot better than sitting on the phone waiting for someone to take your call.

I work at a law firm, so I unfortunately a bad habit I have is that I don't do anything without getting it confirmed in writing.

Good luck with your planning!

And chatted with Travis. Thing is, they can't promise you anything until 2 weeks before.

For example, I really have dreamed of having the beach ceremony close to sunset. It will be beautiful. He says, basically, once I book, they will let me know 2 weeks prior to the wedding what time, they can't promise anything.

I am so not a bridezilla, but that is really the one thing I wanted...

Hi!

We are getting married in Aruba on AOS too, on Feb 26. We are going through 2GO Aruba weddings, Valerie Hodge and so far everything is working good. I also had trouble reaching her for about 2 weeks but another member on this board told me they were very busy decorating the island for the holidays and she finally wrote back to me. Apparently they had email problems. Now we are almost settled and I can`t wait to have everything finalized..

We decided to go through a private coordinator because we get a lot more for the same price and it is more customized but it might be more risky if there is an itinarary change for example.

I will let you know how it turns out in the end!

Good luck with the planning

perhaps you can also check the website: www.aruba.com in the wedding forum for info on wedding planners.

Caroline

Thanks, Caroline.

I sent a few requests out in the last couple weeks and haven't heard from anyone yet. Must be the holiday stuff. I did contact 2goaruba as well, haven't heard from them yet.

Maybe it is the island way, I suppose. We will see. I am keeping my fingers crossed, the ship is the last resort because I know I can get so much more from a private planner and get exactly what I want.

Let me know how it turns out!

Colleen

Archived