Le Galion Beach?????

Having a hard time finding much information on this beach. Has anyone been, and is it TOO calm, and quiet? Kids are 10 and 7 and I do require a restroom and someplace to get a bite and a drink. I do have an internet coupon for "Chez Pat".

Any info would be appreciated.

we were there on Sunday. There were a good many people there, including a lot of locals, but it wasn't crowded. There is a small restaurant/bar there. Sunday was a windy day, so it wasn't calm anywhere, but at this beach, you can go a long way from shore and be in very shallow water. On previous trips, it was very calm

We were at Le Galion Beach on Christmas day with a one year old and 10 year old. It was beautiful the was water was crystal clear and gradually got deeper. Even though it was a holiday and many people were enjoying the beach we were able to find a nice spot in the shade to enjoy. My husband used the restroom and said the food smelled really good but we didn't have a chance to try it out. We have been to Dawn beach on previous trips but would choose to return to Le Galion in the future.

If you have the coupon, you've probably seen the photos at the Chez Pat website.

I can tell you that they are accurate.

The water is usually very calm, but not always, and it can be windy.

As mentioned, it is very popular with local families on the weekends.

Take a look at my two shots here, especially the second one. Le Galion is officially designated as Clothing Optional.

th_galion2.jpg th_galionco.jpg

gary

• 5 weeks later...
I think we are headed here as well. I hate the tourist trap areas but also would like a few kids for my daughter to play with. Can anyone tell me if there are a decent amount of kids there? She is 6. Thanks

Many of the families while we were there had young kids. There were kids of all ages, but mostly on the younger side. Nice beach, not crowded and calm water.

Kevin

• 1 month later...

Archived