RCI Sovereign Wedding 12/28/2007

dna32

I'm back!

Everything went pretty smooth....so here goes it!

We were the 1st to board the ship around 11:30am and the Wed cord took us to our room..my husband got dressed then went off to meet back up with everyone..so I had over a hour to get ready for the 1pm wedding.

When I walked through the ship everyone would stop and say nice things..that was really nice...on the elevator it was kinda funny..there was a couple on already and the man asked...are you getting married today??...and I said no...this is just the practice run for the real thing!! We all laughed...and he realized what a silly question that was!

The wedding was in the Viking lounge...and it was the perfict place..all the windows made it so perfict!

There was one BIG snag on RCI's part...the wedding was to start at 1pm...and we had to wait for the wedding photog to get there...they kept making excuses..and then after waiting 20 mins...they asked me what I want to drink and told them a martini...so I downed my martini...to calm my nerves...then the Photog showed up 30 mins late...which I was not happy about..esp since we had my bro who is a pro there..and we really didn't even need RCI's guy!!..but we get 10 pics with the wedding package..so we had to wait...

the officiant was wonderful...can'tremember any names...

The cake..and my flowers were wonderful...the flowers had roses and orchids...I was so surprized at how nice they were!

The wedding photog was very anoying...and he wouldn't take no..I kept telling him i didn't want to waste my reception time to take pictures...i asked he just take candid shots..and after the reception we could do the standard shots..but he didn't listen...he was barking orders about what to do ect...after a while..I just said no...we will do these later...about mid way through the reception the cord came to me and said that due to the delay they would add on another 15mins to the hour recption..so that was nice...

I don't remember much after the reception..I got very tipsey..since I didn't eat that day...and after taking the rest of the pics they took me to my room and let me rest...I didn't get up until around 9pm...so my husband had to go to dinner with everyone...except me..and everyone was asking where the bride was!

The cruise was wonderful..and everyone kept giving their congrats...

On the last day of the cruise I met with the photog alone...my husband was so anoyed with him..I decided to go alone! We had already made up our minds...to just get the pics that come with the package..

We had a apt for 9:15pm..the photog called me at 9pm to confirm..I was there at 9:15 and...guess what...he was late again..I had to wait another 15mins...when he showed up he sat me down and handed me a stack of pics...while I was looking at them his boss came over and gave a huge apology for the many delays..and gave me some pics of the ship and a huge RCI photo album...that was nice...but I still didn't get any extra pics...the pics he took weren't that great..in fact my bros picks were much better!!

Anyway...there really wasn't any reason for all the stress!

Other than the photog...everything was wonderful!

Oh btw....I lost somemore weight...and my dress didn't fit right..it was baggy..and I kept tripping over it..so my advice to all..it to keep trying the dress on and get it altered right befor the wedding again! some of my pics look weird...due to the dress looking to big!

Any questions....

Will post pics soon!

Thanks for all the advice..and help!

Diana

Yes I was having probs...they never seemed to have their sh@# together..left names off my list ect...then never heard from them again...so I made sure to print everything out and bring everything with me...even though...in the end I didn't need it..just incase...bring all docs!!:rolleyes:

Diana

Welcome back! Sorry that you had problems. But the most important thing is THAT YOU ARE MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to be able to say that.

I can't wait to see your pics. I am getting married on the Monarch of the Seas (replacing Sovereign) in April 2009.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Diana,

Did you have any problem having your brother be the photog? I am considering using a family friend but I have heard stories about the cruise photog blocking shots and stuff. IF the family friend went she would not be sailing as she is just in Orlando. I do not know if that will complicate things.

Archived