Tiami or Silver Moon- NEED HELP!

cici_cruiser

My husband and I are going on a southern Carribean cruise on Serenade of the Seas on 1/12/08 and our last stop is Barbados. Currently we are booked for the Tiami catamaran excursion- snorkeling, lunch, turtles, etc. After reading all of the posts on here however, I'm wondering if we would be better off with the Silver Moon. Does anyone know if the Silver Moon catamaran includes snorkeling and swimming with the turtles? If so, should we book the Silver Moon I or the Silver Moon II? The "Ocean Adventure" company also offers a "snorkel and turtle adventure" but it isn't clear whether or not this is via a catamaran or a kayak? Has anyone out there been on either the Tiami or the Silver Moon and can offer some advice? THANKS!

We booked the Silvermoon in Feb. 07. The excursion was top notch. Either I or II is fine, the numbers will be much lower than other boats you will see. Swimming with the turtles is amazing. You will be in the same location with other boats, but they try to keep you separate and feed the turtles so they swim right up to you and the boat. The food was good and drinks were very good - pretty much anything you would like from beer, wine, etc. The snorkeling was not too great. There was not much to see - not many fish. But everyone agreed that it was a classy ship and excursion. It cost more than other excursions (around $100) but was a wonderful day.

Archived