Suites on Jewel

mitfine

Am planning a cruise in Oct. on the Jewel. Has anyone stayed in a courtyard penthouse? Is one room better than another as far as location? What are the benefits of the courtyard PH over AB? Would appreciate any info.

Well, can't help yet, but will give a report after we sail in March in an A3. I can tell you that from my perspective, having direct access to the courtyard was the deciding factor. Private courtyard, private sun-deck on 15, having breakfast/lunch from Cagney's delivered in the courtyard by the butler, etc.

Have read pretty much only positives. I do understand that the balcony on the AB is bigger, but figure the courtyard makes up for that.

What a great decision to have to make though, eh? Have fun!!!

SteveO.

Am planning a cruise in Oct. on the Jewel. Has anyone stayed in a courtyard penthouse? Is one room better than another as far as location? What are the benefits of the courtyard PH over AB? Would appreciate any info.

Only take a courtyard penthouse if you definitely plan to use the courtyard area-- main advantage: it is a private area only open to those with courtyard penthouses, therefore presumably less crowded. Also person service in the courtyard.

If you don't plan to make extensive use of the courtyard, take an AB suite (more economical) which is basically the same size as the courtyard suite. Not exactly but you probably won't notice the difference.

We were in a Courtyard Villa last January. We are not big fans of the Caribbean, so we used the courtyard a lot. It's great as it's a private area with really comfortable chairs and a private sundeck. I took several books and read the whole time. It was one of the most relaxing cruises I've ever taken. You will truly be taken care of, anything you want you can pretty much get. We never use the butler, but he was there with anything you wanted. We only had the one bedroom Courtyard Villa, I forget the room number sorry. The only thing is that the balcony is a little small... that didn't bother us because we were out in the courtyard all of the time.

These are some pics from the courtyard area on the Jewel:

Thank-you for posting the great pictures of the courtyard suite. It looks FABULOUS!

We are booked into an AB Penthouse at the end of the month, not a courtyard, but hoping it's great too!

By the way, is the Concierge lounge ONLY for Courtyard Villas? or do other Penthouse suites have access? If so, where is it?? ;)

thanx.

Karen

If you can do the courtyard I would definately go for it! We just got back from the jewel and an AB and our butler took us up there, next time I am going for the courtyard for sure, I have menus and photos etc on my photo page click the link under my sig. to see them

Hmmm- we just booked an A3 on Pearl. Now wondering is the balcony is smaller than AB. We previously sailed in AB on Dawn and the balcony was not particularly enormous. Worried the A3 balcony will be small. We are sailing to Alaska so views are everything.

on the jewel the balcony on the AB is quite small considering the size of the suite itself. The A3 was the exact same cabin just up in the courtyard so it should be identical to your AB on the dawn

Hi Starfamily .. I did see pictures of the balcony for the AB, and agree that it looks tiny ... but my main concern is that there IS a balcony! I have had large and small balconies .. and enjoyed them all -- and even though I try to convince myself to book a NON-balcony cabin at time to save money, I never end up doing that .. no matter what the size!

I started out thinking I would book 2 INSIDE cabins for this "75th birthday present" cruise for my Mom, but felt I HAD to at least book her an outside cabin, then decided that a balcony cabin with an inside cabin across the hall for me would work ... then I was told about this AB cabin for not that much more $$ than booking two cabins .... plus all the perks, making it a nicer trip for everyone (not just the birthday gal!!) ... So, small balcony works for me!

ttyl,

Karen

you made a very good choice, the AB was wonderful! Yes there most definately is a balcony and there are loungers on it. No you can not enjoy the courtyard- but your butler might be nice enough to bring you up there to see it. We really loved the AB and would do it again in a moment.

you made a very good choice, the AB was wonderful! Yes there most definately is a balcony and there are loungers on it. No you can not enjoy the courtyard- but your butler might be nice enough to bring you up there to see it. We really loved the AB and would do it again in a moment.

Your pics are amazing, thanks so much for sharing!!

Karen

Archived